Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the fuel tank on my 2013 White CB1000R to get it repainted over the winter, as it is starting to show traces of rust, especially at the tabs on the underside - NOT the typical 'rich, deep' Honda paint finish one would expect! I had the tank off my earlier CB, but this time I cannot figure out how to release the 2-pin fuel reserve sensor this time. It's the connector shown in the upper photo in the manual:

Fuel Tank Removal by Don Serl, on Flickr

...and here's a close-up:

IMG_2289-X (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

there are 'tabs' on both sides (blue) and a 'slot' (red) on one face.

any directions appreciated! thanx...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Press the retainer tabs IN after pulling out the rubber restrictor.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but I'm guessing it will be similar to this connector...

HM-6P.jpg

There is a little tab that you pull outwards with your fingernail or a tool. (red arrow)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COLVERT! welcome back!
but you're speaking about removal of the fuel delivery tube, which is not problematic. this is the electrical connector for the fuel reserve sensor...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
COLVERT! welcome back!
but you're speaking about removal of the fuel delivery tube, which is not problematic. this is the electrical connector for the fuel reserve sensor...
Thank you.--;)---I think DELuth's post above is the information you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but I'm guessing it will be similar to this connector...

View attachment 46912

There is a little tab that you pull outwards with your fingernail or a tool. (red arrow)
I finally had a chance to go 'digging' last weekend, and , yes, you just pull up on the central tab. easy-peasy. the side-lugs are red herrings - they seem to function to hold the front/outer and rear/ inner portions of the female fitting ( as shown) together, and have NO functionality in removing the tank, except to confuse you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts