Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use or know of a decent helmet lock (as in lock it to the bike...), other than a whopping great big chain? I know there are quite a few on the market... but if anyone uses something reasonably discrete I'd like to know more about it.
Cheers.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
You do realise that there are two helmet points under the rear seat. You just hang your helmet by its D ring with the strap going under the edge of the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
I've got a long length of stainless steel wire with crimped eyelets on each end. I can pass this through my kit and locate tham on the under rear seat helmet lugs. put the rear seat on.... Sorted.

Should be able to get one made up at any rope and tackle supplier. I was advised not to get the plastic sheathed wire, as it's easier to cut through.

6mm wire.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do realise that there are two helmet points under the rear seat. You just hang your helmet by its D ring with the strap going under the edge of the seat.
Yes, I clocked this but don't find it that practical to use plus the way I have fitted my rear indicators and home made bracket - makes access to the keyhole a pain in the arse...

·
Registered
21 Posts
You don't want to slide the D ring onto the helmet hanger that's located under the passenger seat?
No, that stupid cable is a pain in the a$%, and the other consideration now is that I have a new Shoei GT-Air which has their new style lock with no D ring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, not really, it has a loop that should work. My last GT-Air which was the previous version had the standard D-ring and I had a lock on my license plate holder. Here are a couple pics of the new helmet strap.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I haven't tried one, but I can say that Sato makes quality stuff. 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was doing some surfing today and came across something different: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WM3T7C On my Concours I basically always had the single saddle bag (can't think of the right name for the one that sits behind the seat), and in that I had a cable that I used to lock my jacket up. On the CB I don't have anything yet. That retractable cable thing will fit nicely under the seat and should serve both purposes. After I try it out I will give some feedback here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts