Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a Hornet 600 owner, and my husband (who used to have a Hornet 600 also) is testing the CB1000R on Friday - very exciting.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Fafnir said:
Hello, I am a Hornet 600 owner, and my husband (who used to have a Hornet 600 also) is testing the CB1000R on Friday - very exciting.

Hello,

I have a test as well arranged for Friday, but mine gets delivered on the Saturday.

looks like the CB1000 is doing better than the 900 did in it's first week.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
sadbiker said:
I can't really remember to be honest, I was a member of the Hornets Nest at the time but had only just bought a 600 Hornet. The first 900 I saw was Porkster's.... erm think it was Feb. 2002 and thought it looked really nice but by that time it had already been slated by the press as boring. I got my own 900 in 2003 and thought it was a great bike, keeping it for three years.

There is no doubting that the radical new look of CB1000R is catching the eye of riders who would normally look at faired super sports bikes. Quite a few of those people at the VIP evening who were showing interest were or had been Hornet owners so I suppose it's a case of old habits die hard. :lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
DAN said:
sadbiker said:
I can't really remember to be honest, I was a member of the Hornets Nest at the time but had only just bought a 600 Hornet. The first 900 I saw was Porkster's.... erm think it was Feb. 2002 and thought it looked really nice but by that time it had already been slated by the press as boring. I got my own 900 in 2003 and thought it was a great bike, keeping it for three years.

There is no doubting that the radical new look of CB1000R is catching the eye of riders who would normally look at faired super sports bikes. Quite a few of those people at the VIP evening who were showing interest were or had been Hornet owners so I suppose it's a case of old habits die hard. :lol
I bought my 900 in June 02, even then it was quite vivid that sales were not doing well. Even a report of a wharehouse full of 900's. I was given the impression that Honda was expecting droves of 600 owners to upgrade to the bigger bike, but when the 600 was as good as it was why? The advantage the 900 had was the torque and you could be a little more lazy with it, not rev happy.
But I thought mine was great, I test rode the Monster S4 at the time which was priced at £7700, then walked up the road and tested the Hornet. I couldn't justify the price differnence of the Ducati so went with the Hornet. Never regretted that choice. When the Monster S2R1000 came out late 2005, I waited till 06 when my local dealer had a demo and took it out. Loved it and managed to keep both bikes, but only for a matter of 4 months as both ended up being write offs. I replaced the S2R1000 with another one have enjoyed the engine but then I saw the reports of the new CB. Have kept my ear to the ground as you have noticed. Once I finally got the chance to see it that was when my mind was made up. I feel sorry letting the Monster go as its a brilliant bike, but I need to move on and try to get some confidence back in my riding and hoping the more smoother CB will give me that. At the moment other than the CB there is nothing out on the market which interests me.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
:welcome Fafnir.

If hubby goes for the CB1000r will there be lots of arguments?? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts