Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,Bonjour, Bonjourno,etc etc etc.

Seriously considering this bike. Have viewing and test ride booked.

Only concern is that it is 25mm higher than my 900 was. Has anyone sat on one and how did they find the height for short arses....Is the seat thinner than the 900 was?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hi Saddo and welcome!! :welcome

Yes the seat is thin and most reviews have stated that seat height should not be a problem for anyone with a shortish inside leg. :thumbup

Let us know your thoughts after the test ride if you would please.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fordzoid said:
Hi Saddo and welcome!! :welcome

Yes the seat is thin and most reviews have stated that seat height should not be a problem for anyone with a shortish inside leg. :thumbup

Let us know your thoughts after the test ride if you would please.

Hope thats true, I hate to go through the Arden feeling vertically challenged, some of those petrol stations have wonderful dips on the entrance.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Welcome mate... was wondering when you might find us after your posts on the nest :p

As Steve says the bike is said to be high but the seat is narrow and fine for smaller riders.... anyway I doubt you'll be standing still for long... :rollin

Good to have you with us.. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange why does the name Dan seem to seem familiar........?

It must be a hornet thing.

Well have enjoyed 2 years with my S2R1000, but at moment don't think I ride it as confidently as my trusty old hornet. But I love the look of it. Suspect you have the jist of my thoughts with the CB1000R. Lets hope the viewing and test ride put it all into perspective and let me know which way to go forward.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Could be a Hornet.... or more precisely Nest thing, but I'm bustered if I know :lol

Whereabouts are you.... are you in the south and going along to the Doble VIP preview night on the 1st July?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Dan was the guy you may have read about caught having sex with a pushbike a few months ago! ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to go on a name "duffedup900", after the hornet departed after its mishap in France, I sort of lost touch with the nest, plus the 2 ducati sites I frequent tended to take up any online forum time.

Only started taking a interest again when the CB1000 was announced. Its just simply turned into a waiting game.

I do wonder if "redkite" will end up following. He was over in Holland and about same time as me ended up moving from 900 to S2R1000. I may prompt him on the monster website.

No, I am over WSM and Dobles is just a bit to far for me. But I have made local arrangements.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Ah yes DuffedUp... I remember you well... well your username anyway.... sorry it has been a long time... I was banned from the Nest so sort of lost touch after that :lol

Hey say Hi to Stu (Redkite) for me.... ask him over here - it would be good to catch up with him again.

Really good to have you over here though... I hope you'll hand around, CB1R or not. :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAN said:
Ah yes DuffedUp... I remember you well... well your username anyway.... sorry it has been a long time... I was banned from the Nest so sort of lost touch after that :lol

Hey say Hi to Stu (Redkite) for me.... ask him over here - it would be good to catch up with him again.

Really good to have you over here though... I hope you'll hand around, CB1R or not. :)

Have pmed Stu with website details,

Memories, Being duffed up the rear end by a 600 hornet..... And then taking flying lessons in France. But hey I did have the 900 for 4 years and 18K miles.

SO what did you do to upset them or was it clashes of personality's which tends to be the usual reason I have noticed over the years on various forums.

My motto is "live and let die". Life can be to short sometimes. But some people can be very trying.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Phew... what didn't I do more like :lol

There are a lot of reasons but yes personalities figure highly... I won't go into it here...1. because it's done now, 2. We've (those that were banned) have moved on and this is a better place to be anyway, 3. I swore I would never Nest-bash on here, 4. It would probably bore you senseless :lol

That said if you are genuinely interested I can pm you a summary.

Thanks for inviting Stu over! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Na we won't rake up old sores... As you say move on. Personally I have nothing to bash the Nest about, but then I always do my own thing anyone so tend not to get into to much of a political thread. Through I suspect I did speak my mind once about the CBF1000 not being the replacement that 900 owners were after........I do remember someone getting a bit narked and not taking the hint from a few like minded people. Just hope my question on the otherside about the CB1000r not being a hornet hasn't upset anyone.

Guess what I reckon the CB1000r is, where the 900 should have evolved.

Nothing against the CBF, its a good alround bike in its own stable and at what it does. But the 900 was a good budget retro, which was at the right price and with some tweaking turned into a even better bike.

Mine ended up with Blueflames, Powercommander, ohlins shock, ohlins front internals,giles rear set, it looked the bizz and I loved the handling, I just hope the CB1000r picks up where mine had ended. I hope it has the samehandling that mine ended up with.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yeah but it's not a Hornet... :lol if it was it would be called a Hornet... or at the very least have an F at the end... e.g. CB1000F

I personally think Honda wanted to distance the bike from the Hornet, especially the 900 which did not sell well (despite it being a very capable bike).

This was my very clean 900 Hornet back in 2004.... (freshly cleaned and polished for the Swarm I think).

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Wow, you go to bed for a few hours...

Welcome sadbiker, good to have you with us. I notice the WSM thread in the events, thanks for posting that.

I hope you enjoy your test on the CB1000R!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That brings back memories. Same colour etc.

Hello Antnee,

If you get to WSM BN's then say hello.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sadbiker said:
Hello,Bonjour, Bonjourno,etc etc etc.

Seriously considering this bike. Have viewing and test ride booked.

Only concern is that it is 25mm higher than my 900 was. Has anyone sat on one and how did they find the height for short arses....Is the seat thinner than the 900 was?
Hi,

I previously owned a Hornet 900 and I am also a short ass.. (164). I don't have any problem at my CB1000R reaching the ground.

Ad748

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome Ad!

Why not pop up an introduction of your own... we have a few Dutch members, plus Fordzoid, though English can't make up his mind if he is Belgian, Dutch, French or Australian :lol :rollin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts