Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am the proud owner of a new CB1000R...but dont get it for a fortnight ! :(
I test rode a green one at Knotts in stratford, and was so bowled over by it , that I ordered one straightaway.I was trading in my sprint 1050, and I also own a fazer 1000.I have been looking for a fun bike after I sold my mad bad FZ1 in 2007, and to be honest apart from ultimate bhp...the CB1000 rides so much better, especially the torquey engine, and super sweet handling and suspension.
My headache was choosing the color ! I fancy a red bike... but this is not in Hondas color scheme... :cry
at the moment I have gone for the green, but I am really wondering if I should have chosen white ! :rolleyes

my fazer is silver , so I discounted that color...and I saw a black bike, which TBH felt looked very like a FZ or Z1000...sorry to guys who like black BTW , but its not my favourite.
The green does make all the styling cue sstand out though , and is quite striking to look at !

But despite this worry...I am really looking forward to getting mine! ..looking forward to this group becoming a success too!

cheers

Jon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum, there certainly seems to be quite a few new owners joining. I bought a white 1, and have no regrets. There's some pictures of mine on my 'introductions' bit, I'm under 'hello from a wet and windy Yorkshire'.

Speighty

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Same here took one out yesterday and placed an order as soon as I got back. Not sure how long I will have to wait yet, find out tomorrow. I have ordered the white, not seen one in the flesh yet but the piccies look great. Wanted a non-ABS but doesn't look like Honda are supplying too many of them to dealers, may have to fork out the extra dosh and go for one.

A fortnight is not long to wait, fingers crossed it'll be the same here. Will be checking out all the pictures on this forum as people have started to pick them up now. Enjoy. :beer

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. Been out today, it had been raining but as running it in didn't care. Loving it more and more I ride it.

You have made a sound decision. Welcome.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Jon :welcome :hello

Which Stratford is that? In London? If so then I'd give Doble a call and see if they can hook you up with a new bike sooner as you will also be eligible for a pretty sweet 40% off of stuff that you buy at the same time for being a member of HondaCB1000R.com, worth a call I reckon!

It is good to have you here with us, and wherever you get your bike from, I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us are doing! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Wotcha Pitt!... great to have you over from FOC-U although I'm sure you will remain a regular there to...

Now you comments really resonate with me.... being a mad bad FZ1 owner as well.... I know the CB1000R's major strong point is it's engine - I'd also be interested to hear your views on handling, build quality and anything else compared to the FZ1. I can't buy a CB at the moment, simply for financial reasons but I will be taking a test ride soon.

:welcome to the club and really look forward to your input here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts