Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone, stumbled across this site whilst surfing the tinterweb for CB1000 reviews. I read the launch reviews and placed my deposit and then read the MCN test (sightly dissapointed/slightly surprised) but have not been put off, and pick it up 4th July. It's booked in for it's 1st service on the 8th July and then I'm off to Isle of Man on it on the 9th for 3 days.....so that'll be about 1000 miles in it's 1st 10 days, so it had better be good !!

Been riding for 27 yrs or so years, had about 40 bikes, tourers, sports bikes, all rounders, most things really otherthan cruisers/Harleys/customs. Currently own a CB1300s which is a great 'all rounder', and which I intend to keep for touring/weekends away etc. Only real 'fault' with the 1300 is that it's not really sporty/fun/exciting enough. So hopefully the 1000R will scratch that particular itch !

Speighty

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome mate...

I've never ridden a bus... sorry I mean CB1300... but I always fancied giving one a try... I just imagine you can cruise along... open the throttle and FEEL the torque..... as far as naked bikes go I look the modern-retro styling.

Anyway I would assume that the CB1000R will be a whole new kettle of fish.... I bet you get loads of attention at the TT....well done!

Look forward to seeing you around here, viewing the pictures and hearing about your TT expliots :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome Speighty. :welcome

I'd venture to say your itch will deffo be scratched!! :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Speighty! :welcome

If you're around on the 19th, why don't you pop down to Nottingham (doesn't sound like it'll be too far for you!) for a ride out with some of us? See the UK Events forum for more details

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

The Cb13 isn't quite 'the bus' many think it is and although it can get a bit 'wollowy' it's the footpegs that limit your progress.
I'm keeping the 13 cos I go abroad at least once a year, plus the odd weekend away and I've a owned a Pan and that really was 'a bus' ! The 13 is as comfy, and more fun. Have done a couple of 500 mile days on it without any probs and done 4000 miles on it since mid April. I really like it, it's just a bit 'dull', 'efficient'. doesn't make the hairs on the back of your neck stand etc etc..... You'll all know what I mean. Thats what I'm hoping the 1000R will do.

And as for the invite to Notts on the 19th, I'm day off and will hopefully be able to make it.

Speighty

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean mate... I went from a VFR800 VTEC to a FZ1-N for exactly the same reason... I wasn't disappointed either! hopefully the CB1000R will provide a similar buzz :bee

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Speighty

What dealer are you getting it from and is the date definite? My dealer (Johnsons Harrogate) say they haven't been given an allocation yet by Honda.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting the bike from Miles Kingsport in Hull, I spoke to them yesterday and they tell my bike is 'ready for shipping' and should be here without any problems, but they won't get confirmation until today (Tuesday) So fingers crossed I should be good to go for the launch day.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Having followed a CB1300 through France I can agree its not a Bus. It was great though at the time as I was on my 900 and had the edge on top speed, he had the edge on corners, taking up most of it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*** Paul asked -- "What dealer are you getting it from and is the date definite? My dealer (Johnsons Harrogate) say they haven't been given an allocation yet by Honda" ***

Paul, I've been in touch with Miles's today and they confirm my bike will definately be at the dealers in time for the delivery/launch on the 4th July. Hope you get some positive news from Johnsons.

Speighty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi al, just a quickie,

Get my thou R tomorow, I'll be beating the dealers door down at 0900 ! I have seen my bike and it looks fantastic, (white, none abs) it's even better looking in the metal than in the pictures. Weather forcast good for the East Yorkshire area so hoping for a good day out.

Will update you all tomorrow with how it rides..........I'm soooooo excited !!

Speighty

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'll be sitting outside the dealers door at 9 tomorrow too. I have a very badly planned flight to Barcelona at 3pm so that should be just enough time to run it in. :lick

Good luck to all the new owners tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all,

Picked my bike up at half 9 this morning and then had a ride up to Olivers Mount at Scarborough, approx 50 miles from home. Had a cuppa and then met 2 lovely semi clad laydeezzzz doing a photo shoot. I suggested that they should have some piccs done sat on my bike, (provided I could take a few 'shots' as well) and they aggreed !! I just need to fathom out how to get the pictures on here so everyone can appreciate their artistic content ! ha ha

Anyway, the bike. I've done 130 miles round trip so far, no aches or pains or numb bum. Wind blast ok up to 100mph (obviously carried out in controlled conditions on a closed road...ahem) but the weather is very still today with no wind at all. Bike very light, (at least it feels it compared to my CB1300), dash very easy to see/read, no idea what MCN was on about ?
Mirrors are sports bike next to useless, lots of tucking in of the elbows to see behind. Fuel gauge started 'flashing' at 129 miles, but only took £15.80 to fill up again (about 13.5 litres)

Overall, and obviously it's my 1st day on it etc etc but very pleased. Suppose the big question is, if I'd known a month ago when I paid my deposit what I know now, would I still buy the bike ? The aswer is, absolutely I would !!

So to those picking theirs up, enjoy, anybody toying with the idea, get a test ride, I believe my sports bike itch has been scratched.......with no aching wrists, knees or creaking back and neck.......

Right, I'm off out on it again.

Speighty

Will try to get the pictures on the site asap !!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Excellent! :thumbup

Now about these women....................

1 - 20 of 29 Posts