Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Two weeks ago I drove to Texas and bought this 2019 CB1000R from Honda of Houston. Those guys were a pleasure to work with. I had never seen one of the bikes in person before I bought this one, but I knew that I would love it. So far I have put about 250 miles on the bike and I have no regrets.

I placed an order for a radiator guard, crash bobins, front axle sliders, and rear axle sliders/spools and and am looking forward to installing those. I also ordered a Speedo Angels screen protector after noticing how easily the display scratches. I am grateful for any other suggested modifications or improvements that you think would be wise at this stage.

I look forward to spending time reading and learning from everyone on this great site!

Regards,
Philip

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
The red looks great! I would investigate fitting paint protection film, as the clearcoat scratches incredibly easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red looks great! I would investigate fitting paint protection film, as the clearcoat scratches incredibly easily.
Gromit - that is an excellent idea. There is a shop local to me that details my vehicles that provides this service. I will be reaching out to to them to get a quote. Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wish I had done it when I bought my bike. I applied a ceramic coating that helped, but it’s not perfect.

Have you been affected by the storm? It’s been ten years since I visited Louisiana and the effects of Katrina were obvious even five years on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I had done it when I bought my bike. I applied a ceramic coating that helped, but it’s not perfect.

Have you been affected by the storm? It’s been ten years since I visited Louisiana and the effects of Katrina were obvious even five years on.
I live in the Baton Rouge area, and thankfully we were not affected by the storm this time around. Thank you for asking.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your ride - looks superb. I don't think DELuth lives all that far from you - he's in Mississippi, somewhere "down on the Gulf"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts