Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this the second time. Previous one was deleted by automated moderator, I think.
I'm here to learn more about the CB1000RR and perhaps, get one myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We hope to learn about a CB1000RR too ;)

Meantime, welcome to the forum.
Thank you!
I was wondering what it is like to do a few hours of riding on the CB1000R, stopping in between for gas or restrooms, of course.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
449 Posts
I was wondering what it is like to do a few hours of riding on the CB1000R
So, with my SC77 S1 on the rear PitBull stand, I can sit on the bike with bare feet flat on the floor and have a slight bend in my knees. That gives you an idea of my inseam.

A couple of hours on the NSC is a piece of cake even though the pegs are higher than what would be on a sport touring bike. The peg feelers/spurs are pretty long which gives you an idea of the peg clearance.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,673 Posts
what do you have now, ArtyY?
and what's in your mind about a possible switch / purchase?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you have now, ArtyY?
and what's in your mind about a possible switch / purchase?
I have a 2005 and 2018 CBR1000RR.

I'm planning to sell my 2005 CBR1000RR next year and replace it with a new bike that will be more suitable for longer distance trips but still fun to ride.
So far, I've sort of come down to :
  • 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX
  • 2021 Honda CB1000R

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
449 Posts
2021 Honda CB1000R
So the single sided swingarm looks like a piece of cake for rear tire removal, it's not.
There a quite a few steps to rotate the OEM muffler out of the way to take the wheel off. Also, there are two pinch bolts on the swingarm that are not easy to get to that you have to loosen to adjust chain slack. PitBull doesn't make a rear stand for this bike.
This is what I bought for my bike, but I see the 2021 comes with an OEM quick shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts