Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Congrats on a great club/forum. No bikes in OZ yet, they are due in August I have been told by a well informed dealer- not too bad considering how far they have to come.
No details on what colours Australia will get as yet, but if it turns out to be different from Europe I will be sure to let you know. :thumbup
I will be trading up from a 2004 Hornet 919 (35,000 klms) as soon as they are released, non ABS silver or white at this stage - but if a new colour arrives I might be tempted!! New pipe,carbon hugger,braided lines and seat cowl are first mods on the list.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on your first rides and ownership experience with the new bikes. :lick

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome OZ1000R (great name) :thumbup

It will seem like a very long wait to August, but those weeks will pass... in the meantime you'll have to stomach everyone on here about their new bikes :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan,
Yes it will be hard to wait but at least I can learn a bit about the bike from you guys - all info is helpful, whether it is good or bad?
Have you got a bike on order? and if so when do you take possession?

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I haven't no... I was quite tempted yesterday but financially I just can't do it at the moment... I currently own a year old FZ1 which I think is an awesome bike too. :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi OZ1000R :hello :welcome

We've only heard a couple of rumours about what is happening down there regarding the CB1000R; I'm glad to hear it's only another month to go. Personally, I sat at home and watched Honda unveil the CB1000R on the 6th November last year and have been rocking in my chair ever since waiting for it. 8 months feels like such a long time, and for you guys it is 9 months. It really is like waiting for your baby to be born!

Best of luck anyway, hope you get it soon, and then we expect pictures! :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome to the forum Oz! :beer

Whereabouts are you down under?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live just north of Brisbane, which is in the middle of the east coast for those unfamiliar with Australia.
Good riding weather all year round and I am about 30 mins from some great mountain roads that are very popular with the motorcycle fraternity, so the new bike will definately be put to good use on the weekends. :lick

·
Registered
28 Posts
OZ1000R,
August is far away. I 'll drive you one down there now, if you make arrangements with my boss (I'll pay for the fuel ;-)...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it could almost pass as biking heaven, the local "funstoppers" (ie- :police= :angry ) do try and put a dampener on things but I guess that is the same almost everywhere! :thumbdown

As for your offer Jiri, thanks - but I think I can wait!! I would prefer to ride a virgin :love , Bike that is!!

To Dan, Does your FZ1 have any mods, and what do like best about it? That is a nice bike.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Hi Oz, yes it does have mods although buying a £7000 bike I don't tend then spend £1000's more adding bits to it (usually keep my eyes peeled on forums and Ebay)...

Erm have I posted this link (it's where all the pictures are)... http://buster.bikehackers.com/faz/fz1/

Here is a run down of the mods....

Crash Bobbins (including fork and swingarm)... about £50 the lot off EBay
Lightning Mirrors from StreetFighterStore (see our discounts section)
Sidewinder Can (owned for about 6 months then decided to go for a Yoshi... loads of people loved the look though)
Yoshi Can (owned for about 6 months, decided to set the bike back to standard can - the Yoshi sounded great)
R&G tail tidy (again about 6 months... then fitted standard rear fender and plate again)
Baglux Tank cover (I think it gives the tank a larger more imposing appearance... and protects it too)
Oberon CNC Touring footpegs
Removed pillion pegs in favour of a single side exhaust bracket (Ebay)
When running the Sidewinder and Yoshi I also blocked the Yamaha Air Induction System (to stop excessive popping) and opened up the airbox to let more air in. Although I never fitted a PCIII the bike with just these simple mods was transformed into a seriously quick bike. Back to standard it is fine, but needs more revs low down to get going. That said it is easily the most powerful bike I have ever ridden.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts