Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member from Braintree. I am currently bikeless, just sold my CBF1000. Had a Hornet 6 before that and I missed the full nakedness. Had the Biffer for commuting on but have deceided to stop commuting on the bike following a serious accident. :thumbdown

Looking forward to getting a bike I can customise. :lick

Buster

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome Buster (ahem... this could be confusing - I use Buster on a different board) :)

So are you definitely going to buy a CB1000R or just tempted at the moment... the CB should certainly give you Hornet like excitement at weekends.

How bad was the accident? well done for getting over it and continuing to ride. :respekt

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hey Dan, I support schizophrenia charities, yes we do... Oh, hang on, that's when you have paranoid delusions and hear voices isn't it? I am stupid! So I guess I meant that I support dissociative identity disorder, yes we do. Fancy talking to yourself! I can imagine some people are rolling over laughing with their own jokes about the wrong disorder.

Anyway, welcome Dan, I mean Buster. You'll have to excuse me ranting, I do this from time to time, I'm harmless really :lol

It's good to have you with us. Have you got a CB on order then?

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Antnee said:
Oh, hang on, that's when you have paranoid delusions and hear voices isn't it? I am stupid! So I guess I meant that I support dissociative identity disorder, yes we do. Fancy talking to yourself! I can imagine some people are rolling over laughing with their own jokes about the wrong disorder.

Anyway, welcome Dan, I mean Buster. You'll have to excuse me ranting, I do this from time to time, I'm harmless really :lol
Are you pi$$ed or suffering sunstroke? what the hell are you talking about Ant....

Or perhaps it's me and that 750ml bottle of Hoegaarden I have just gulped down :beer

:lol :lol

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
No, it's some certain Scot who reckoned I was schizo because I was talking to myself on another forum with two user accounts. His finger pointing made no sense whatsoever since what he was accusing me of is a completely different condition to schizophrenia. That and I'm very tired and in a bad mood, so I figured I'd have a go at him, seeing as how I know he (or one of his minions) will be reading this :lol

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I think he has a point... lets give him a job :lol

Anyway you have no reason to be humpy..... about 4 weeks by my reckoning and you'll have a smile as wide as the english channel! now where's that other 750ml Hoegaarden.. :lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
600 miles? I'll have that covered by the end of the Preview night if I catch sight of the keys :twofin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome.

Dan, I think I remember you from the Hornets Nest. buster dan....right?

I don't have a CB1000 yet or one on order, sold my bike due to pressure from the female side of the family. I am leaving it a respectful period before I buy my CB1000R (early next year).

My accident was in February on Whitechappel Road, I still have no memory of the accident or of the entire day. Best that can be peiced together is that I got T-Boned by a taxi. Broke my collar bone and ripped open my right foot severing all the tendons to my toes. Had surgery to put my foot back together and spent 3 weeks in hospital and a total of 9 weeks off work.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Thats right Buster... tis me! :)

Can't say I really remember you though... sorry - did we ever go out on a rideout etc... you must be fairly close to where HornieHornet (Steve) used to live - did you know him?

Accident sounds nasty.... Whitechapel Road is a horrible route to go down by bike.... very tight unless you go down the bus lanes (which are covered well by CCTV). :thumbdown

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Antnee, were you a member of the Hornets Nest?

Was very painful, still got a bit of a limp but it is getting better everyday.

Really want the new bike now, but my daughter would go nuts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yes I was, still would be if I weren't banned... twice :lol Well, for a couple more weeks I would be anyway. It was a good resource for all things Hornet and I have a few friends on there, but other than that there's nothing there that interests me any more. Don't like the way things are run :thumbdown

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dan, don't think we ever met, I did go to one of the ace cafe days.

Antnee, have to agree it got way to clicky for me.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yeah, exactly. Without getting into bitchiness (this isn't the place) I saw recently that an American member whose face just doesn't fit, said that he was getting annoyed with people picking on him, to which Scott replied "close the door on your way out". Says it all, and while I've been telling new members not to let my experiences put them off, they saw it for themselves with those kind of comments. I don't have to say anything really :devil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts