1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
First post and am seeking some help.

Just installed OEM to my 2018 CB1000R.

All working fine, but....no dash icon when grips are on.

Funnily enough the instructions say to connect 4 pin white plug on harness to white plug under pillion seat. Doing this ended up with grip heating not working or turning on.
I found another plug with a dummy in it, this one being red. Connecting harness plug to this made the grips work fine,
with all heat levels working and grips turning off with ignition......but no dash icon.

Anyone have this issue or could tell me of I have done something wrong.
Australian delivered non + model
Accessory wiring-plugs.jpg
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can tell you that at least on thing the red one is used for is getting the bike into configuration mode. When the quick shifter is installed you plug into that plug to enable/disable the QS as you can see in this post: Quick Shifter

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
So the clock should disappear as you toggle through the grip levels and display 5 through 1. Once you settle on a level, the clock reappears.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
Yes so ive heard, but I get no icon at all ....
My tech installed mine so I have no idea if the instructions are accurate as far as color of the connectors. He did mention that the QS activation instructions weren't 100% which has been noted by a forum member.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,
First post and am seeking some help.

Just installed OEM to my 2018 CB1000R.

Funnily enough the instructions say to connect 4 pin white plug on harness to white plug under pillion seat. Doing this ended up with grip heating not working or turning on.
I found another plug with a dummy in it, this one being red. Connecting harness plug to this made the grips work fine,
with all heat levels working and grips turning off with ignition......but no dash icon.

Anyone have this issue or could tell me of I have done something wrong.
Australian delivered non + model
View attachment 49118
Many thanks in advance.
I just installed these 3-4 days ago. The white plug that you need to connect it to is in a different rubber funnel thing that’s tucked under or to the side of the fuse box. The red connected is for service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah so I hear....doing that doesn't do anything. Funnily enough plugging the loom into the red plug works just no dash icon....strange

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah so I hear....doing that doesn't do anything. Funnily enough plugging the loom into the red plug works just no dash icon....strange
I would guess the real plug has leads for both power and signal, and the red service plug has power, but no signal. Just guessing of course :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts