1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First post and am seeking some help.

Just installed OEM to my 2018 CB1000R.

All working fine, but....no dash icon when grips are on.

Funnily enough the instructions say to connect 4 pin white plug on harness to white plug under pillion seat. Doing this ended up with grip heating not working or turning on.
I found another plug with a dummy in it, this one being red. Connecting harness plug to this made the grips work fine,
with all heat levels working and grips turning off with ignition......but no dash icon.

Anyone have this issue or could tell me of I have done something wrong.
Australian delivered non + model
White Font Line Slope Parallel

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

Funnily enough the instructions say to connect 4 pin white plug on harness to white plug under pillion seat. Doing this ended up with grip heating not working or turning on.
I found another plug with a dummy in it, this one being red. Connecting harness plug to this made the grips work fine,
with all heat levels working and grips turning off with ignition......but no dash icon.

View attachment 49118
Many thanks in advance.
I just installed these 3-4 days ago. The white plug that you need to connect it to is in a different rubber funnel thing that’s tucked under or to the side of the fuse box. The red connected is for service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

View attachment 49118
Many thanks in advance.
Try plugging it into the white connector like the instructions suggest then check to see if a fuse has blown that powers it. I had the same issue. Plugged it into the connector it told me to but got no power to my oem grips or 12v accessory port that I installed at the same time. I checked all fuses and one of the 7.5 Amp fuses must have blown when I reinstalled the battery. It was one on the right side in the fuse box. Very easy to get to. Replaced the fuse and everything works perfectly with dash icon and all. Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts