Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone had trouble with adjusting the headlight? :shake as mine wont move up or down.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you need to look higher up for the adjuster,almost out of reach. The one you think is the correct one isn't (like i did :banghead ), think that does the left to right adjustment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
View from behind, lower right screw for left/right adjustment and upper left screw for up/down adjustment.
Note that the upper left screw is sometime hidden by the cable harness!

·
Registered
349 Posts
are you guys talking about adjusting the headlight beam?

I'd love to make my dipped headlight point a bit higher, in pitch black i can only see the floor up to about 10-15 metres in front of me, so high beam is a must down country lanes, also so that it points round the corner i'm leaning into, obviously because of this my beams are flicking from high to low all the time with cars coming the other way.

Is it the same for others?
mostly it worries me that I wouldnt see an object (like a tyre) in the road until it was so close I couldnt react (this is on unlit roads)

Do any of you have any pics of this adjustment your talking about?

·
Registered
208 Posts
What is correct level? do you know how high should if be on the distance of 10m?mine dipped is about 1 foot high..it is definitely too low comparing to my previous bikes..(i know you must not dazzle oncoming traffic so probably below the high of the windscreen?(what say the law in UK?(dipped and full) Which tool do you need to adjust it? Cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I can't answer your question kedzis, but wasn't there people on here saying their light had a lot of movement???
I've just found that misscb1's front light bracket was out of the 2 holes on the bottom yoke.
The bracket should be held in place via 2 hole on the bottom yoke and 2 hole on the top yoke, these should also have rubber grommets fitted.
I tried lifting and pushing the bottom bracket into place with no success :banghead tomorrow i'll have to remove the top yoke , place the bracket in and then refit the top yoke again :( can't think of any other way of getting the bracket back into place.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I found something like this:
"In Europe the headlight must be tilted downward 1%. Sometimes there is a sticker close to the light to inform this. So if you park 3 meters from the wall, then the light must be 3 cm lower at the wall. It's pretty easy to measure with a white paper in front of the headlights. Of course the ground needs to be pretty level"
i will check tomorrow,it looks like my headlight is lowered 15% instead of 1% :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
i found another way on other website: park 25feet(about 7,5m) and then it should be 2 inches below the height of the centre of the headlight..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just found this thread after having the bike for 4 yrs! lol
Been wondering all this time if it is even possible to raise the headlight beam because I could not see where to do it. Now I know where the adjuster is I`ll have to have another go.

Thanks very much. Useful info.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
By the way does anyone know which way to turn the screw for raising and lowering the beam?
You don't really mean that do you ???

There are only TWO directions to try.----:rollin

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know there are only two directions. I just wanted to find out if clockwise is up or down or anti clockwise up or down. Simple enough question. It`s such a ball ache to get to the screw I would have liked to have known.
But as you won`t help I will say that clockwise raises the beam and anticlockwise lowers it. I found out the hard way by lowering it first and making it worse.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I know there are only two directions. I just wanted to find out if clockwise is up or down or anti clockwise up or down. Simple enough question. It`s such a ball ache to get to the screw I would have liked to have known.
But as you won`t help I will say that clockwise raises the beam and anticlockwise lowers it. I found out the hard way by lowering it first and making it worse.

Thanks for the help.
I guess you would have been looking at the light on a flat surface while you were adjusting it and the difference between up or down would have taken very little time to sort out. If turning clockwise was wrong then turning the screw the other way would have been almost instantaneous.

Much quicker than it took for me to post this.--;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts