Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering going with a full system but I already installed a LV-10 Titanium.
Since LeoVince doesn't make headers for the CB, does anyone know if other header options would work?
I am looking at the Akrapovic headers but don't really want to have to buy another slip-on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I’ve read on reviews, people haven’t had issues using the akra headers with other slip ons- makes sense since the dimensions would all line up for the slip ons with the stock headers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I ordered it and I should be able to install on Friday. I was really on the fence about getting headers but I made an appointment to get the CB dyno turned. Didn't want to get it all tuned and then end up getting headers latter and have to get it tuned again. My last loud bike was a Daytona 675r with full arrow system, and it was load. I expect this to be much of the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, I ordered it and I should be able to install on Friday. I was really on the fence about getting headers but I made an appointment to get the CB dyno turned. Didn't want to get it all tuned and then end up getting headers latter and have to get it tuned again. My last loud bike was a Daytona 675r with full arrow system, and it was load. I expect this to be much of the same.
Let us know man! I’m sure it’ll sound great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, not quite a good fit. The stock tube OD is 1 7/8" coming off the cat. The Akrapovic pipe OD is 2 3/16". I guess I am going to get the Akrapovic slip one and eBay the LeoVince. Now I really am wondering what type of sleeve the or link pipe that the Akrapovic slipon comes with to make this work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe Akrapovic's link pipe is larger and the gasket eats up the 1/4" difference in the OD.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to see that man, i read multiple reviews where people seemed to have good luck with the akra headers with other slip ons- will you have any issue returning?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got the Akrapovic short can and it fit fine. I wasn't really excited about it because I liked the look of the LeoVince but I do think it sounds better. I ran the LeoVince LV-10, Akrapovic headers and with a sleeve I made, it sounded good as well but the Akrapovic seemed to have a deeper tone.

So for the record.
Akrapovic Slip on ID 2 3/16", Akrapovic headers OD 2 3/16"
LeoVince Slip on ID 1 7/8", Stock Headers OD 1 7/8"

The Akrapovic "gasket" is only used with the stock headers to fill the gap.

Dropping the bike off to get tuned tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts