Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not getting my new white beauty till late next week. I am used to riding a VFR which has superb headlights ( best I've ever known on any bike) has anyone rode their new CB in the dark yet to let me know how good / bad lamp is. I routinely use bike for shift work. :zzz

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hopefully let you know after tomorrow, pick my white one up at lunch time. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also work 5 shifts and never had any troubles with my hornet 900. my VTEC is even better in the dark.

maybe I buy some xenon lights voor my cb1000R

gr T

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I was out on mine until 11pm the other day, and I have to say that I thought the lights were pretty damned good. When you put full beam on though you can see a definite shape of the light on the road ahead, but it was really bright and I have no complaints. The standard one is more than adequate, and of course you have the advantage of having a light that follows the direction the forks are aiming too :thumbup

·
Registered
382 Posts
Antnee said:
I was out on mine until 11pm the other day, and I have to say that I thought the lights were pretty damned good. When you put full beam on though you can see a definite shape of the light on the road ahead, but it was really bright and I have no complaints. The standard one is more than adequate, and of course you have the advantage of having a light that follows the direction the forks are aiming too :thumbup
Just a thought but wouldn't it in fact be pointing the wrong way at corners ... at anything over crawling speed you should be counter-steering through bends :laugh

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Kawa ZX-6R from 2001 with two headlights, wow, they were supurb, the Honda SP-2 and especially the Triumph Speed Triple 1050 (two headlights) were a lot worse, the Triumph was a disaster.
I'm planning to fit Xenon in the CB1000R. It will look good, together with the LED.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well yesterday it was dark and I must say, it was a bit of a dissappointment. :shake
So now I'm sure, xenon is being fitted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bilemissile said:
Are you talking standard xenon or an HID kit? I had HID on the Fazer and it made a huge difference, but I'd be interested to hear where you might fit the starter box on the cb.
It will be installed this Saturday, as far as I know, it will be a bi-xenon HID kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well the 1000km service is done.
So the Bi-Xenon HID is installed.

And here the managed to put it all :thumbup

·
Registered
33 Posts
bilemissile said:
Looks good, do you find it much of an improvement over the standard bulb?
Your photos don't show the ballast box, where did they fit it, under the tank?
Here it is.
On the right side below the fueltank.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Jacsje said:
bilemissile said:
Looks good, do you find it much of an improvement over the standard bulb?
Your photos don't show the ballast box, where did they fit it, under the tank?
Here it is.
On the right side below the fueltank.

I do whant Xenon to :thumbup but
Hmm :rolleyes I did put my horn on that spot.
How long are the cables that come whit a xenon kit ? mabey i can hide it near the battery box.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I did put my horn on that spot
:rollin Isn't that just typical !!? You're all pleased with a nice tidy mod and someone buggers it up for you !!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I found a solution to the problems there is lots of space under the drivers seat (extend the wires if there to short) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts