Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,703 Posts
Harmonized Tariff Item Code 871410 motorcycle parts should be duty free. You should expect to pay GST, altho may times the customs guys just don't bother with that billing. Good luck...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Kreative, just wanted to say hi from your Ottawa neighbour, I'm picking up my black edition this week and was looking at that same slip on from SC, I can tell right away your a man with impeccable taste! Have you met many others on the forum from around this area?

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Kreative, just wanted to say hi from your Ottawa neighbour, I'm picking up my black edition this week and was looking at that same slip on from SC, I can tell right away your a man with impeccable taste! Have you met many others on the forum from around this area?
Hey & welcome to the site. I haven't met anyone in person. @Ozzman is from Montreal & also recently picked up a 2021 CB Black Edition.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
So I ordered mine from the US distributor which happens to be in Austin, Texas. Since I'm in Houston, Texas I didn't think it would take that long, especially when I was told four to six weeks. Apparently they're manufactured when ordered and there was a backlog. Plus they ship in bulk from Italy instead of one piece at a time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So I ordered mine from the US distributor which happens to be in Austin, Texas. Since I'm in Houston, Texas I didn't think it would take that long, especially when I was told four to six weeks. Apparently they're manufactured when ordered and there was a backlog. Plus they ship in bulk from Italy instead of one piece at a time.
@Bevo SC Project emailed me today ( exactly a month now since I had ordered it ) , they have shipped the exhaust. Expected delivery Friday 23rd July. Hopefully I can fit it over the weekend & have some pictures up :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
@doser Thanks, good to know.
@doser , @Ozzman, @Bevo - I had to pay Fedex customs & handling fees of CAD 120.71 on the SC Project Exhaust
Break down of cost - Exhaust Euro 566.00 + Shipping Euro 60.00 = Total Euro 626.00 , Paypal conversion = CAD 966.00, and now an addl CAD 120.71 -- Total cost CAD 1086.71 .
The exhaust is still in transit & expected early next week.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,703 Posts
KK, check the details of the Fedex charges. They do charge for their clearance services, and you'll get charged GST, but if they used the correct Harmonized Tariff Item Code, there should be no duty to be paid. They have no incentive to save you money, of course, but if you push back, they can correct the entry. It'll probably only take you a year to get the refund... ;) I went thru it once...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
KK, check the details of the Fedex charges. They do charge for their clearance services, and you'll get charged GST, but if they used the correct Harmonized Tariff Item Code, there should be no duty to be paid. They have no incentive to save you money, of course, but if you push back, they can correct the entry. It'll probably only take you a year to get the refund... ;) I went thru it once...
Sure, will def check the break down of the charges. Thanks @doser

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks fantastic, best looking pipe for the bike and I think I know what I'm going to be asking santa for this christmas!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts