Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CB-Litre-R Fans!
My name is Bartek, from PL, city of Lodz. Found this forum chasing net news on CB1000R. To say a few words about myself - no blood but gasoline ;) Currently using DRZ400E and sinking in pudding-like mud :) but just ordered at local dealership brand new CB1000R, no ABS, dragon green - because it's the ugliest :D (sorry green fans!). Got the info from the Honda dealer in Poland they expect the first nine pieces at the end of June, begin of Aug... still have to wait :(

Anyway - glad to join this club and forum!!

Bart

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Bartek,

I'm in Yorkshire, England. Had my bike since Friday, have just had it's 1st service today (managed 515 miles)
If we get enough people from around the globe joining this forum, we could all get together for a European Tour using each others houses as bed and breakfast stops !! ha ha

Enjoy your bike when you get it.

Speighty

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
:welcome to all our Polish friends. Speighty's idea sounds great we could all be over to Ldz for afternoon tea, Saturday OK? Mind you might be a bit late picking up my beautiful white one on Saturday. :beer

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Bart! Yeah, I've long been suggesting that we can do a ride around various countries and meet up with some international members, that would be ace. While I can't claim to be Polish, I can admit to my Grandad being Polish so you kinda get a little bit of Poland here too, and you're very welcome! :thumbup

I love how you think the green is the ugliest but are still buying one. Sounds kinda like me and my old orange Hornet, though personally I think that bike was underrated!

·
Registered
72 Posts
:welcome Bartek,

I'm in Salerno,Italy,Please post some photos of your new bike!
:hello :beer

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hi,

Good to see this is turning into a multi European Forum, If I managed to do Misano on a Monster sure I can manage a tour on the CB1000.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Guys,
thanks a lot for the nice welcome words! Sure, Central @ Eastern Europe is a good direction to ride ;) however road conditions are gently speaking "not smooth" ;) and crossing Polish border into the country on the bike gives you nice chalenge how to survive and why all those cars are trying to kill me right now on the road? ;) Distance is not so high and planning some trip here just let me know... two years ago I've driven a nice route on my SV1000S, starting from Poland -> Czech -> Austria -> Slovenia -> Croatia -> Italy (using a ferry boat via Adriatic sea) -> Austria -> Czech -> back to Poland, circa 4300km, so was not so bad, however I am thinking all the time how to pack anything for two people on my dreamt CB1000R ?? ;) But if any plans to make PanEuropean tour - I'll join "the steel backs" ;) - thats possible, several my friends already travelled the route PL - UK and back, so think about this tea idea ;)

I'll post the pics of the bike as soon as collected from the dealer. Than the time will come for some mods: need to eliminate the rear holder of the registration plate (imho is terrible), use some small led indicators, set of side crash-pads, also will see some accesory exhausts offers (however the stock one is marvelous) and maybe some luggage carrier? will see when the bike is in my garage ;)

What is completly surprising I've spoken to Honda Motor Poland (a general importer) and got the news, they managed to order only several (14?... 15?) pieces contingent for the whole PL for this year, and will sell only to those who paid some deposit in advance (luckily I did)... what means CB1000R is gonna to be an "unusual phenomena" in the Polish roads, so now you all can appreciate how lucky you are!! ;) here just sad reality - no test bikes, no test rides, no even one single piece to see or touch "live"... :(

anyway...patience... more patience... only patience can rescue the story!
All the best to you, appreciate and enjoy your CB1000Rs!

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome Bart, I'm sure the wait will be worth it... but in the meantime please enjoy the club :beer

·
Administrator
7,118 Posts
:welcome It's amazing how all you guys from other European countries manage so well with English. :respekt

We're generally pretty useless at other languages in this country. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bart, you seem a really nice bloke, and your English is very good.

You will be one of the very very very lucky people to own and Honda CB1000R in Poland.

Ride safe, stay cool, and most of all......lock your bike securely..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good news!!! I had a phone call yesterday from my local dealer - the brand new Dragon Green no ABS is awaiting me at their showroom! I am running there on Monday morning to clear out all the payment things and proceed the bike's registration and insurance - so if everything goes smoothly - by Tuesday should be on the road on my new CB - Litre - R !!!
It paid off to wait here, as the currency exhange rate of our Polish Zloty to Euro become more beneficial and the price of the bike has been reduced in the meantime by nearly 6% !!! Yeah !!!

Thanks you all for the nice words and keeping me still patient when waiting for :angel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts