Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience of these? I purchased what I thought was a good deal on EBay. The link pipe didn't fit and there were bolts that didn't fit and also bits in the bag that when I queried was told I didn't need. Bolt holding strap was far too long. Heat shield didn't align and I ended up cross-threading the bolt and had to get bolthole retapped. Seller wasn't helpful at all stating that ''heat shield was a free gift". Had to send him the measurements and he stated that pipe needed to be oval, and I should send it back so he could 'make it fit'.

This went on and I decided enough was enough and told him I wanted to return the lot for a refund, which he agreed and then proceeded to refund only half the money! Had to appeal through EBay to get remainder.

Just thought I would make people aware, if anyone looking to upgrade. Wouldn't recommend GR Moto, aftersales leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On my 2014 I went with the Akrapovič open slip-on and the mandatory Power Commander so I wouldn't have any fitment or performance issues.
17884455_10211222850959561_2476518501854931546_n.jpg

I miss that bike 😢

·
Registered
722 Posts
Does anyone have experience of these? I purchased what I thought was a good deal on EBay. The link pipe didn't fit and there were bolts that didn't fit and also bits in the bag that when I queried was told I didn't need. Bolt holding strap was far too long. Heat shield didn't align and I ended up cross-threading the bolt and had to get bolthole retapped. Seller wasn't helpful at all stating that ''heat shield was a free gift". Had to send him the measurements and he stated that pipe needed to be oval, and I should send it back so he could 'make it fit'.

This went on and I decided enough was enough and told him I wanted to return the lot for a refund, which he agreed and then proceeded to refund only half the money! Had to appeal through EBay to get remainder.

Just thought I would make people aware, if anyone looking to upgrade. Wouldn't recommend GR Moto, aftersales leaves a lot to be desired.
Alibaba exhaust (you can buy for 45 directly from the far east , even with an AKRAPOVIC logo) , pure china experince , GR sold them with a big charge in europe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts