Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well home last night from phillip island still buzzing awesome few days what great place i think i will be back there next year , seen some great racing lots of drinking and eating shame Lorenzo dumped it im sure it would have been a different out come

Attachments

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Glad you had a good time Dickie. :thumbup

Tip. When you go to events like this you'd be forgiven if you take no 'bike pics as long as there are PLENTY of girly shots!! ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bilemissile said:
Sounds like you had a great time, I'm suprised you managed to see any of the racing!

Did you get the feeling that Rossi took the safe option after Lorenzo crashed out?
certainly did Bilemissile stoners bike was riden to its limit rossi wasnt getting into any battles his pit board also came up with + .6 Hold im guessing thats the play it safe option ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nobody next to or above Casey Stoner :respekt Rossi is a pussy under real presure and Haydn is a complete failure
and has only got the contract with Ducati extende because the U.S market.
Ben Spies should have had the Duke seat in 2010......the Tech3 Yamaha is not competetive :thumbdown

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I agree, Rossi must be a complete pussy, after all, he's not won that much in the last decade or so! :smoke

·
Registered
235 Posts
quote="rainman"]I agree, Rossi must be a complete pussy, after all, he's not won that much in the last decade or so! :smoke[/quote]

That might be so.....but he has never really had anabody right up his ass, with the Honda effort completely failing after Rossi changed
to Yamaha. And then he has Jeremy Burgess....who can loose then ? :notme

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
In fairness, he's doing what he needs to, and not risking any more. Why push for points that you don't technically need, only to come off an not score at all? 20 points over Lorenzo is enough. What is the lead now? 28 points? If so, all he's got to do is beat Lorenzo (or come right behind him but not Lorenzo first/Rossi second) in Sepang (I think) and he's champion with one round to go. OK, so had he won he'd have been able to just follow Jorge at Sepang, but was it worth the risk? These racers play the thinking game, not just the racing game :book

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
My bad, just checked and the lead is 38 points. Rossi can let Lorenzo win and come in 4th to take the championship. Should be an easy weekend at the office for Valentino, and means he can go to Valencia (a known bogey track for him) with the championship in his pocket

·
Registered
876 Posts
buonaparte said:
Nobody next to or above Casey Stoner :respekt Rossi is a pussy under real presure and Haydn is a complete failure
and has only got the contract with Ducati extende because the U.S market.
Ben Spies should have had the Duke seat in 2010......the Tech3 Yamaha is not competetive :thumbdown
That might be so.....but he has never really had anabody right up his ass, with the Honda effort completely failing after Rossi changed
to Yamaha. And then he has Jeremy Burgess....who can loose then ?
I'm seriously struggling to find anything to agree with here, surely a wind up?

Oh, except for this bit
with the Honda effort completely failing after Rossi changed to Yamaha.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Being a superstar, Rossi can force or bully any circumstance indirectly, to obtain an edge
to the relative few serius contenders to his domain. Latest the sacking of Livio Suppu
from Ducati Corse, who is a Rossi sceptic !! He is replaces next year by Vito Guereschi
as team manager.....he is a Rossi proselyt ! The road will be paved for Rossi joining Ducati
in 2011......and bet the bottom dollar, Ducati is forced to pay for his present team incl. Jeremy Burges
to join him. Thats the name of the game, yes...but therefore its not level playing on the track when
he has all the edges :bad Only good thing that comes out of Rossi moving to Ducati is : by, by Haydn :banana

·
Registered
656 Posts
No sorry, I have to disagree, Rossi has done it all and won it all and is up there to be shot at - fine, shoot away, but don't try to belittle his fantastic record and achievement in motorbike racing, nobody else comes close, and is unlikely to do so for a very long time.

Of course he will use all the influence he has as a Champion - I would do the same, as you would too!

We would all like an underdog to win, but the likes of Toseland etc are just not up to it. If Rossi gets a Ducati ride next year it will be goodbye Stoner, the whinging little bastard - Oops did I say that out loud? :angel

RBD914

·
Registered
351 Posts
rossi has eventually learned to hold back and you slate him for it,i'm sure losing a championship trying to win ever race taught him a thing or two. :respekt due as he's not the sort to sit back and take the points.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
No, I think he'll push for every point tomorrow. If he's on the podium then the championship is his, again! 9 times?

And seriously, what's the problem with Hayden? OK so maybe he didn't deserve to win the championship as he was not the best rider out there, but it's all about being consistent, and that's what he was. He hasn't taken to the 800s so well, but in fairness the guy was a superbike rider, not a 250 rider. The guy can really handle a bike, certainly better than most people in the world. Why doesn't he deserve the ride? It's not like anyone else (except Stoner) has ever ridden that bike any better

·
Registered
656 Posts
Antnee said:
No, I think he'll push for every point tomorrow. If he's on the podium then the championship is his, again! 9 times?

And seriously, what's the problem with Hayden? OK so maybe he didn't deserve to win the championship as he was not the best rider out there, but it's all about being consistent, and that's what he was. He hasn't taken to the 800s so well, but in fairness the guy was a superbike rider, not a 250 rider. The guy can really handle a bike, certainly better than most people in the world. Why doesn't he deserve the ride? It's not like anyone else (except Stoner) has ever ridden that bike any better
He doesn't deserve the ride for the same reason the rest of us are judged in our jobs - results! Pure and simple, and more relevant in sport than anywhere else!

How can you say nobody else has ridden the Ducati better if nobody else is given the chance?

RBD914

1 - 20 of 41 Posts