Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to wish all the new CB1000R recipients good luck with their new machines. I had also planned to buy one but in the end I decided on a 600 Hornet due to still recovering from an elbow op a couple of months ago. I test rode a Hornet last sat at M&S Durhams Honda open day and loved it so I bought one it was delivered tonight just as a thunderstorm struck sods law aint it
So good luck guys and girls with your new machines enjoy them ;)

Bill

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Thanks Bill! Sorry to hear you're not in the CB1000R fold. I've had two elbow ops in the space of little over a year, and I got back on a Hornet after three months off each time. Found them to be quite comfortable, especially considering I can't straighten my right arm any more. Fingers crossed for the CB1000R being good to me too!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Never mind Bill.Congratulations on the new Hornet :thumbup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Antnee said:
And just think how much you would've loved the CB1000R :rollin
Antnee I think not I sat on one today and didn't think it was very comfortable crown jewels jammed against tank and the boss says no way she was getting on the tiny perch they call a pillion seat and as we go most places together I had to agree with her :thumbdown

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Remind me Bill, are you not-so-tall? Short arms? I'm 5ft10 and I find myself at the rear of the seat quite often, though I must agree with you about the pillion seat; very high and not very large at all. Oh well :thumbdown

Don't forget you're always welcome here nevertheless :thumbup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Antnee said:
Remind me Bill, are you not-so-tall? Short arms? I'm 5ft10 and I find myself at the rear of the seat quite often, though I must agree with you about the pillion seat; very high and not very large at all. Oh well :thumbdown

Don't forget you're always welcome here nevertheless :thumbup
Yer Antee not so tall 5'6" :thumbdown and short inside leg so the Hornet is perfect for me and well motorcycling is about enjoyment and I reckon the Hornet's about perfect for a little dwarf like me, I'll keep on visiting the site and good luck with your new toy hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine :thumbup

Bill

And the boss says no way :thumbdown to the pillion seat and who am to disagree???

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yeah, I can imagine how 5ft6 could be a bit too small. Shame, you're missing out on a peach of a bike. Not that the Hornet is a bad bike you understand!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts