Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried to find a Fumoto valve that fits the CB1000R? I have a B109SX on my 599 I could try and test fit next time I change the oil, but it'd be easier if someone already figured it out.

I'm always super paranoid about cracking alloy oil pans when torquing drain plugs, so buying the valve is just peace of mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody tried to find a Fumoto valve that fits the CB1000R? I have a B109SX on my 599 I could try and test fit next time I change the oil, but it'd be easier if someone already figured it out.

I'm always super paranoid about cracking alloy oil pans when torquing drain plugs, so buying the valve is just peace of mind.
Just replace the aluminium crush washer on the sump bung everytime you do an oil change and use a 3/8 drive small ratchet, or better still a torque wrench if you are not confident.
Replacing the soft aluminum crush washer is the secret though. Nothing wrong with the Honda design in the oil drain that you would change it.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,052 Posts
Don't get paranoid, buy a small torque wrench.. Also will save your hair too.---:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts