Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Friday 9th December 1066 Cafe > Oakdene Cafe > Wessons

6K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  arunmax 
#1 ·
Subject to weather hardedge, Late, ScottieB27 and myslef are looking to get out for a ride.

Destinations may change from 1066 Cafe > Oakdene Cafe > Wessons.

Anybody else interested in Meeting or going for a ride?

#5 ·
LATE said:
Hope you've ordered the weather :fingers

dont go too silly 10c, blue skies and no wind will do :cool
:smoke

I'm up to 7 or 8 degrees so far .........

should have the sunshine and the wind should drop from what it's supposed to be like tomorrow :fingers

I've got my cut out tomorrow to expedite the order! :pray :pray :fingers :fingers

#7 ·
So frustrated not to have my CB, its still in the workshop!
Waiting for some bits to be finished being made.

Hopefully sorted after Christmas for some good rides in 2012 with you guys.

Also wish I could go for a rides during the week and ditch the day job :pray

#9 ·
J4MMD said:

Not seen much of you this year James.
Look forward to catching up more in 2012

#10 ·
CB_1000_R said:
J4MMD said:

Yeah I know I've been completely lame. Just been so much going on this year and the bike has been out of action for a while.
Been persuading friends/mechanics and racing mates to help with parts and mods to my bike on the cheap etc. This results in a lot of waiting... eventually it'll be sorted :pray

See you all soon though I hope ;)

Wish I could come out tomorrow :cry

#12 ·
J4MMD said:
CB_1000_R said:
J4MMD said:

Yeah I know I've been completely lame. Just been so much going on this year and the bike has been out of action for a while.
Been persuading friends/mechanics and racing mates to help with parts and mods to my bike on the cheap etc. This results in a lot of waiting... eventually it'll be sorted :pray

Look forward to seeing you soon :)

We'll enjoy tomorrow for you :thumbup

#15 ·
CB_1000_R said:
DAN said:
Julian, what sort of time are you thinking about?

If it is dry then I should be able to make it.... I can't even remember the last time I was out on my bike! :help
I've suggested meeting at the 1066 café on the A21,TN32 5JH @ 11am.

Julian, only just in from work so first chance to see your message.

Still not 100% sure what I'll be doing, need to speak to missus as well, as she may already have plans for me tomorrow! :rolleyes ... best thing is if I catch up with you tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be meeting at the 1066 cafe... but depending on your route to the Oakdene (via Maidstone or Tonbridge?) I might meet somewhere between or you could come via mine in Maidstone or meet at Laguna's etc??. Anyway will catch up in the morning.

#16 ·
Dan couldn't you place one cheek,maybe the left, in Tonbridge and the other in Maidstone? Then while you are waiting for Julian you could set up a toll for vehicals wishing to pass through. Those that make it get their money back of course!! :evil Should be able to shout everyone for a full English then I reckon. :p

(Tracey FORCED me to write this!)

#17 ·
J4MMD said:
CB_1000_R said:
J4MMD said:

What's happened to the Bonneville ?

#18 ·
Fordzoid said:
Dan couldn't you place one cheek,maybe the left, in Tonbridge and the other in Maidstone? Then while you are waiting for Julian you could set up a toll for vehicals wishing to pass through. Those that make it get their money back of course!! :evil Should be able to shout everyone for a full English then I reckon. :p

:rollin

You gimp! :)

#21 ·
:rollin I'm sure that picture is of Fordzoid... just after he'd been born ;)

Thanks Julian... good to meet you again Steve and also Tracey who I'm sure I've met before some years ago (but then I am useless with names, faces and forum usernames - all very confusing.

Great little ride.. brilliant day for it too... fresh but not too chilly. Had a blast on the way home as well... long stretches of completely empty roads... I very much doubt my CB will get out again now until the new year.

#22 ·
LATE said:
J4MMD said:
CB_1000_R said:
J4MMD said:

Still got my Bonnie, its tucked up now so it doesn't get road salt all over, inside and under it!
Itching to get my CB back though.

#23 ·
:thumbup Julian for getting me homeward bound.

Those roads had some loverrrrly twisty bits. Just wished i knew where i was. I have been along there before but never seem to find them again. :lol

Good to see ya Dan and Steve. You sure u don't wanna part with that gixxer :lick :D

Was a tad cold when i got home, hot bath has defrosted my fat crystals. Now it must be beer o'clock :guinness

:yay

#25 ·
Fordzoid said:

That Tracey is a norty gal making you write this :lol

Dan must hav made some money on the Toll as he bough me coffee :) Many Thanks Dan :thumbup

DAN said:
:rollin I'm sure that picture is of Fordzoid... just after he'd been born ;)

Thanks Julian... good to meet you again Steve and also Tracey who I'm sure I've met before some years ago (but then I am useless with names, faces and forum usernames - all very confusing.

Great little ride.. brilliant day for it too... fresh but not too chilly. Had a blast on the way home as well... long stretches of completely empty roads... I very much doubt my CB will get out again now until the new year.
Good to see you Dan :thumbup

I think we chose the best day of the weekend for a ride / meet. The frost where I live hasn't long melted

I still hope to get my CB out before the end of the year :fingers

#26 ·
J4MMD said:
LATE said:
J4MMD said:
CB_1000_R said:
J4MMD said:

Still got my Bonnie, its tucked up now so it doesn't get road salt all over, inside and under it!
Itching to get my CB back though.

... no salt out on the roads yet down south :pray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.