Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out today ridding with some mates went to Mallory park to see whats going on,found neutral in between 5th/6th a couple of times then Ok on the way back strange going to ask Honda to have a look tomorrow/Monday mate says it could be the linkage rod needs adjusting longer, keep you posted on this issues. :shake :book

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Wow, the dubious honour of finding the first false neutral Alan. And there was me thinking what a nice gearbox the bike has. It's a proper Honda box as far as I can tell, requiring good solid shifts that reward with a proper clunk as the gear engages. Exactly how I like a gear box.

Still, sorry to hear about your woes. Do let us know what happens :pray

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's a proper Honda box as far as I can tell
That would explain the false neutrals then :lol

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Ha ha, good point. I did find a few occasionally on my Hornet, but that was usually because I hadn't shifted properly, likewise when it jumped out of gear

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Check the chain tension.... in my experience Honda boxes only click/clunk from 1st to 2nd.... other gears should drop in with no problem at all with or without the clutch.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoken to the main dealers today he is going to contact Honda Uk tomorrow to talk to the technical department then asked me what i want don,e with it.
I assume he meant repair or replace shall wait to find out. :smoke

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the choice would be replace cant be two like this or is there.....?????? :help

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
So far nobody else has said so (that I'm aware of), but then we don't have every CB1000R owner on here so who knows?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strange as i said on the way to Mallory about a couple of miles away or so theres a very sharp double bend first sharp left then sharp right only when exiting the last bend then going thought the gear box then from 5th into 6th clatter crunch clatter clatter crunch no drive then went in to 6th was wondering weather some thing was lose in the box or floating around and the double bend had move it into the gear train. when it stops raining i am going to have an other go around the same bends see if anything shows.Or it was a one off. :stop

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hmm, I'd definitely get it looked at still, just in case. Don't want to get stung down the line :thumbdown

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had Honda mechanic go for a test ride today ,before he left he said he probably would not find anything wrong, when he got back he was not to happy withe the tumbler/selector he says he thinks it has a burr between 5th/6thbut can,t be certain and Honda are not intrested unless the bike has done at least 4,000 miles and to leave the problem with him to think about it how it can be sorted the guy that sold me the bike saw me turn up and quickly shot back in the shop and then sent his wife out to ask if there was anything she could do he knows theres a problem as i had phoned him yesterday/today hes seams just not intrested .the mechanic did say the 06 engine/gearbox had a major problem when it first came out it would not go into first and that was the tumbles/selectors shall ring Honda tomorrow see what happens cannot believe the mechanic was not happy with the box and he will have to think about it in his head as to what to do. :angry :angry

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
So, does buying a bike mean that you're not allowed to say "I want it fixed now, replaced or refunded", as you can do with pretty much all other products you can buy? I wouldn't be happy with this at all I must say, especially if they know that there are gearbox issues from the Blade. The first three gears are the same ratios as the Blades too, but the last three are completely new

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Well... I think the point is will you be doing 4000 miles within two years?... if so then you have nothing to worry about as I'm sure Honda would fix it under warranty. Personally I'd get the first 600 miles out of the way, complete oil and filter replacement and see how it goes. If after say 1000-1500 the problem had not improved (as I guess they are hoping if it is indeed a burr) then I would want a replacement.

Its sort of reminiscent of the Hornet 900 chain issue that never was in my opinion (lack of adjustment and many owners insisted on new shorter chains).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi had an 02 600 hornet and never got to 4,000 service in 6 years so possibly not, only ride for pleasure :thumbup

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shall be ringing Honda uk tomorrow to see what thy have to say if no joy.
then trading standards ( which if i am right comes under the not fit for purpose of ) :angry :angry

·
Registered
876 Posts
The 4000 miles line sounds like a load of rubbish, if you don't expect to do 4k then you may as well throw the warranty away. You contract is with the dealer, not Honda UK, and it is up to them to sort it out. Honda UK should really be your last point of call, though bare in mind that the last thing they want is bad publicity on a brand new model so threatening to shout from the rooftops (if you have no joy from the dealers) may get you somewhere.

I doubt very much that a replacement will be offered until you've given the dealers every opportunity to fix the problem, by all means check with TS in case this has changed recently. Not good for you because no one wants to buy a brand new bike only to have problems with it from the start, doesn't give you much confidence in the future reliability of the bike.

A compromise may be to do as Dan suggests and keep riding the bike until its first service then see how it is. Keep a record of everytime the fault occurs and get it in writing from the dealer that you have agreed to do this, unless the fault gets worse in which case take it back.

Personally, I'd rather do this than having someone pull the whole thing to bits :sick

If you need any help getting it up to 600 miles just give me a call :hello

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ah, but for you Steve, at your ripe old age, I'll make a special offer

If you need any help getting it up just give me a call :twofin

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
trading standards said i am within my rights to give them in writing 14 day notice to collect the cb1000r, tell them either want old bike back and the cash or a replacement bike.Also have Honda Slough involved now and thy have been in meeting about this morning with Stephany lang and her boss Michaell hill said thy will get back to me .Can you smell it :bs when i worked at unipart for Honda we were allowed 3 parts per million rejects to be world class,as i said how do thy know that the parts used could be one of those millions :bs no comment.
awaiting to hear back. :zzz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts