Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks as though the time has come for me to part with the CB. I got an opportunity to pick up a 2019 CBR1000RR SP and I can't pass it up.
So, here's it is....

2016 Honda CB1000R (13,300mi.) Designed by Honda of Italy.
1 owner (me), Clean title. Never raced, crashed or dropped.
Always garaged and/or covered.
Oil & filter changed every 3-4k miles (full synthetic Motul 7100) Oil & filter changed at 13k miles
Chain cleaned and lubed every 250 miles
Super Clean and Dyno Tuned!
New Michelin Power GP tires added at 13k miles

Upgrades included:
Ohlins Shock
Ohlins springs and oil in the forks
GPR stabilizer
CS Racing Exhaust
Dark Smoke Sport Windscreen (not pictured, not mounted on bike)
Power Commander (bike was tuned on a dyno with CS exhaust)
K&N Air Filter
Corbin saddle (not pictured)
Puig Sport rear sets *(extra rubber pads included)
Puig frame sliders
T-Rex engine case protectors
CRG 3.2 ‘lane splitter’ bar end mirrors
Yoshimura tail tidy (with lic. plate light)
Paint matched rear hugger /chain guard
Rear seat cowl (unpainted and never mounted)
Aluminum Radiator guard
Night Eye LED headlamp upgrade
Denali Sound Bomb horn
Upgrades were $3000+

Purchase also includes all oem equipment...oem exhaust, oem fork springs, oem rear sets, oem passenger rear sets, oem shock, oem chain guard, oem rear hugger,
oem mirrors and, owners manual, 2 keys. Bike is located in Los Angeles, Ca.

$8990 USD....Cash only. Serious buyers only. Low ballers will be ignored. I've got more pics if requested.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir...2019, 1050 mi on the od....Barely and gently ridden. Meeting with the seller tomorrow. I've got it on good word that they'll take somewhere in $13k-$13.5...comes with SC Project pipe + more!

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
Yes sir...2019, 1050 mi on the od....Barely and gently ridden. Meeting with the seller tomorrow. I've got it on good word that they'll take somewhere in $13k-$13.5...comes with SC Project pipe + more!
You may already know this, but the the throttle bodies on the US spec bikes only open 73% at full throttle and these are in the intake tubes just forward of the air box. Apparently UK spec bikes didn't meet EPA maximum noise levels. So, an ECU flash and removal of these rubber plates can give you a UK spec bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may already know this, but the the throttle bodies on the US spec bikes only open 73% at full throttle and these are in the intake tubes just forward of the air box. Apparently UK spec bikes didn't meet EPA maximum noise levels. So, an ECU flash and removal of these rubber plates can give you a UK spec bike.

View attachment 49395
Yes, so I've read. That will need to be addressed :) Watched a vid where the guy just removed those pieces.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
Yes, so I've read. That will need to be addressed :) Watched a vid where the guy just removed those pieces.
I had those removed from my 2017 SP the hard way by removing the fairings and intake tubes before I realized that it's possible to remove them by reaching through the airbox. A UK spec flash turned the lamb into a lion.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had those removed from my 2017 SP the hard way by removing the fairings and intake tubes before I realized that it's possible to remove them by reaching through the airbox. A UK spec flash turned the lamb into a lion.
I was considering installing a BMC Race air filter along with the ECU flash and removal of those rubber bits from the intake tubes. Any other mods I should consider when doing all this? I really just want to unleash max power, smooth out the throttle response, etc. but I don't want to delete things like the steering damper, etc. I may do some track days but, mostly just weekends in the twisties. BTW, I'm going to keep the stock exhaust.

There's a place here in L.A. called Motorsports Exotica that does ECU flashing and has a dyno for tuning...they really do it all there.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd stick with the OEM air filter. It's good quality. Some aftermarket air filters don't fit properly. If you haven't already you could disconnect the exhaust flapper cables from the servo.
These instruction show you how to do that:
What do you know about Dano's Performance? I'm in SoCal, he's not too far away. I've read some good reviews but also saw a vid online that said his ecu flash had to be re-done.

Talked to one local tuner shop and they won't flash Honda ecu's due to issues with them 'bricking'

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
I'm assuming you did the pair valve mod as well. Which block off plate kit do you recommend? I know Graves makes a kit. I left a message for Paul, waiting to hear back.
Only mods I've done are Cox Racing radiator guard, exhaust flapper, rubber intake restrictors removal, and UK spec flash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts