Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after months of deliberation and research I had narrowed my choice of second bike down to the Indian FTR, MV Agusta Brutale 800, and the Honda CB1000R NSC.

The considerations being fuel tank capacity, seat comfort, power, ease of maintenance, and after sales support

The FTR only has a 10 liter tank feeding a 1200cc engine. Everything else is great but the short legs was a real deal breaker for me. Also has the least power (120 hp) for the CC’s.

The Agusta, while possessing the best power/weight and horsepower/CC ratio has a tiny seat and no fuel level indicator. It only tells you once you’re just about to run out of gas. Also definitely not suited for longer rides out of town owing to the tiny seat even if they advertize it as using memory foam.

The CB1000 ticked all the right boxes and was easily the best out of the three for the criteria I set out. That in-line four just produces an endless amount of torque and sounds exceedingly pleasing to the ears even with the stock muffler.

Now I can finally keep up and actually go faster than my buddy on his Street Triple RS.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
824 Posts
You lost the plates 😆

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congratulations.
what is your other bike?
Nothing special. Just a CFMoto 700CL-X. I thought it was a good bike but when I got my hands on my NSC, man was I blown away by the fit and finish and basically everything else.

You lost the plates 😆
Over here where I live that’s fine until you’re pulled over by the cops. 😂 but yes, my plates haven’t been released yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Honda is a fantastic do everything bike compared to the Indian and mv, I may be biased but I think you made the right choice. The nsc is calm and composed below 6000 rpm and really let’s loose when you keep it above that, enjoy

·
Registered
824 Posts
Plus Mv Agusta is well known for be unreliable

·
Registered
209 Posts
Plus Mv Agusta is well known for be unreliable
You are the expert o_O

A long term and very high mileage agustist
one wonders if this deranged canard is a figment of painful short experience
or rote psittacism?

For innovation, power, and craftmanship MV Agusta,
any MV Agusta, stands far above anything Honda ever sold.

The placid stodgy CB1000R pachyderm gets brownie points:
more than reliable, well built, inexpensive,
but no match on no road for a better MV, never.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Helmet

·
Registered
824 Posts
You are the expert o_O
Exactly ,was working also for them , was working even before when was an italian company
Dream and design , against daily use and unreliability plus a noob dealer net

Your pictures of the F4 already explain all 😆 , one of the worst bike in the history of the company , round about 98 pubblic and hidden recalls....
And yes , guess what ? honda it´s well known as the company of innovations . (we can talk about DCT gearbox , just for example....)
Next time maybe you wrote a comment about something you know ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Next time maybe you`ll wrote a comment about something you know ?
True
...unreliability plus a noob dealer net

Your example is admirable.
You a dealer?.

Never worked for MV, just an MV rider,
long before you even read your very first MV service bulletin.

Honda DCT?
The first batch was a failure, for 38 000 km the first year.
I had the occasion to explain how and why to some Honda suits.
They listened.
You rode one?

A better innovation comes before the simple copy.
I owned an Hondamatic when it came out
you might have known the Guzzi Convert of the days.
Honda innovated after Guzzi.
You rode one?

The 312 was a different bike than the CBR1000RR.
Maybe a better bike and after-sale more friendly dealer network than Honda.
Warranty claims were fixed by competent mechanics and helpful dealer.
You rode one?

This helps to compare and comment.

Keep the useful and friendly tips, they are much appreciated.
Dissing another motorcycle brand won't cut no mustard.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The first batch was a failure > la risposta del utente medio MV agusta....
I was working for Castiglioni in 1989 , and yes i was working also in Guzzi and Honda , like i did in most motorcycles companies , around the world
The idroconvert Guzzi got a torque converter not a robotic gerbox first of all :rolleyes:...

Higly doubt you even know the differences and how it´s work or if you ever talk ONE minute with the chief engineer
So no honda did not copy than...

About the Infamous 312 (who came not even at 299 ) well you own one .
Yes warranty claims , exactly TONS of warranty claim , for that i was around the world , instead of read service bulletin i wrote them.....

I own a DCT , i had to ride for tests all the F4 shit family , i rode the California 1100 EV idroconvert (never run proto).

And what´s the deal?
I ride bikes for quite 4500000 km im my life , tests, final tests and pre production serie of many many many bikes in my life , maybe i know a bit better this world.

And you?
Searching to push the Mv Agusta out from the next bankruptcy or what?
MV Agusta are unrelailable bikes due costruction and engineering failures , the dealer net it´s a nightmare , the spare parts situation is simply worst (or you forgot the 28 months when no rear hub bearings were available?)
No one here is "dissing" that´s simply the reality .
If you do not know that ; cause motorcycles are not your job , it´s my pleasure to inform you : everyone working in this industrial sector (even in italy) known that .
And reality hurt sorry.....

So Next time maybe you`ll write a comment about something you know ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
But he did ...
;)
Thread hijacked for some vapid rant no conversation here.
@RowdyGoat was just offering his criteria for choosing the CB1000R
Got a good bike,
no need for a deranged ramble rising on hot air.

... So " Next time maybe you`ll wrote a comment about something you know ? " 2.0
Prefer :D "you'll write" ^^^^^^^
And many thanks for the more better edited advice Mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this thread ran away but thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! Happy to be part of the community!

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,753 Posts
...and Ghostie...

they're both reasons to tune in daily!

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
102 Posts
The CB is a nice ride. No record breaker, to be sure, but just a nice all-around classy ride. That, and it's fairly unique in style and form. Enjoy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts