Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NSC Group.

What a crock of shit.
Plenty of ego maniacs posting up arty pics of their bikes.
Plenty of pics of red anodised levers, and mindless, tasteless bling.
Adverts too...lets not forget the adverts....hundreds of the bastards.
If you need any sort of advice, about as useful as a fart in a shoe box.
Avoid.

Crap.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Seems like you guys have been totally underwhelmed by the face book group.---:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
You guys are not wrong.

However should we not just be happy that riders have discovered the NSC and are so enthusiastic about it that they like to post photos ?

Each to his own. I've only ever posted a pic of my NSC, and that was on this site, in order to show how well my SW Motech Drybag 700 fits, nothing more, but realise some people love posting daily pics.

I've asked questions a few times on FB but more often than not don't get a satisfactory answer, but that's maybe down to the bike being so new nobody knows.
If I don't know, how can I think bad of others not knowing ?

Must admit I'm not a fan of all that red stuff that seems to be finding it's way onto the NSC, but each to his own.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Facebook is about ephemeral, here-and-gone, 'light' stuff, and it's OK for that. for anything more meaty, a forum beats FB hands down. and there is a history that you can actually search! answer to problems. impressions. opinions. even some photos... a forum is not FB , much less Instagram, but there is immense value here. I too have noticed a very low level of recent activity, much less new members, which is a shame, but the only fix I can think of is to have riders who are forum AND FB members posting suggestions on FB that people looking for answers etc check out this forum. the same process is taking place on my local riding forum, btw... it's universal...
meanwhile my kids think FB is over - it's Instagram now... even more 'flighty'! what a world we live in!

·
Registered
43 Posts
FB? what FB?
i like forums. i check this forum on daily basis (and 2 others),, hoping to find new topics about the NSC.
usually spends lots of time reading/learning/making friends. not here though.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
FB? what FB?
i like forums. i check this forum on daily basis (and 2 others),, hoping to find new topics about the NSC.
usually spends lots of time reading/learning/making friends. not here though.
Please excuse me asking but----you say you like forums but in ELEVEN YEARS you have only posted THIRTEEN times on here. Incredible !!--------------------I guess if we all posted like that this CB forum would have died many years ago with virtually no stored info.

You might have good reasons however for, in your case, not posting.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Quote.--but also don't want so much centre wear life that it starts spinning up often...

I don't think you need to worry about that as they've stopped making those solid tyres for some time now.----:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
WOW. How did you change my three icons into that lot that made my eyes go funny ?

When I press the icon button I just get icons.

Tyres.--The original Bridgestones lasted about 5,000 miles.--The later pilot road 2s and 3s do much better with the harder rubber centre section.

I tend to ride quite fast buy don't accelerate hard. I normally get over 10,000 miles out of the tyres like that. I've had the bike ten years now and when I first got it I did, from time to time, lift the front wheel a couple of inches off the floor when accelerating in 1st and 2nd.

However the novelty has worn off a bit and I'm much more sedate now. ( especially as I was 82 last month. Lol. )

The pilot road threes are really good though especially in the wet. Will buy the same next time.

Even with a lot of throttle I can't make the tyres lose their grip though. At least not in the dry.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
maybe it's comments/attitudes like that causing people to move away from forums?

Besides, isn't the FB page OP mentioned for NSCs?
And how long has Colvert had his NSC?
Sorry, not trying to be awkward but I don't understand you. My apologies but I guess it's my age.

I just had a thought. Maybe those icons just come up on my computer and not yours.

I used to use an E-Mail system that used to send all sorts of strange things in my posts. I only found out when a friend mentioned it to me months later.

Could be your system is also sending out strange posts.

As for Colvert, that's me. I've been trying to get a password re-set from this forum I've been on for TEN years because I like it here.

My remark to you was just that. The icons have come up on my computer in a most strange way. Maybe you are not seeing them like I am.

Quote:: From you.------maybe it's comments/attitudes like that causing people to move away from forums?

This I don't understand.-- I guess I have a British way of looking at things and I truly don't know what your comment means.

There is obviously a misunderstanding here so could we just agree to drop it as we are only going to get more confused.

I'm not good at mysteries or crossword puzzles though I have friends who are. I suppose I could show them your post and so if they could fathom it out for me.---Anyway, sorry again for not understanding you.

COLVERT------------- Bike wheel Avatar..jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts