Honda CB1000R Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: 4 K SERVICE COST.

Farnham Honda is my nearest dealer and I used them when it was Motoselect but it was a tad expensive, so I thought I'd try Portstmouth Honda. They are doing it while I wait so a nice ride there and back via the twisties makes it quite attrative,, assuming this nice weather holds out :banana

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Any reason why you have to take the bike somewhere for service rather than do it yourself? Easy enough just to pay for a run on the dyno etc after doing all the really simple stuff. A nice mechanic won't say you broke any warranty rules just for simple stuff like oil, tyre changes, spark plugs, new chain or sprockets...

If you live vaguely in the same area, have a service day and buy oil and stuff in bulk, you can then also get a talk up a discount.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Mistress_Helz said:
Any reason why you have to take the bike somewhere for service rather than do it yourself? Easy enough just to pay for a run on the dyno etc after doing all the really simple stuff. A nice mechanic won't say you broke any warranty rules just for simple stuff like oil, tyre changes, spark plugs, new chain or sprockets...

If you live vaguely in the same area, have a service day and buy oil and stuff in bulk, you can then also get a talk up a discount.
No reason you cant DIY a lot on here do their own. Giggity does his own all the time but that another story. :rollin :rollin

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

Marks n Spencers do servicing! thats great man :stupid

Im off to get me own bloody oil and filter! not using the shit they put in it!

2wheeledant said:
Just had my 8K sevice on Tuesday @ M&S £113

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

Jokin man! not taking the :taunt :banana

I will be taking mine to M & S were they any good? did you drool over the Duc's whilst you were in there!

clem71 said:
Marks n Spencers do servicing! thats great man :stupid

Im off to get me own bloody oil and filter! not using the shit they put in it!

2wheeledant said:
Just had my 8K sevice on Tuesday @ M&S £113

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts

I like doing my own servicing,and the labour costs saved can go towards more mods on the bike. :banana

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - if you can't tell from my user name - I am from HLSM.com providing Microfiche. We are working on doing Honda updates at this time and www.bikez.com has many CB and CBF models listed but since I am in the US I do not have access to these UK fiche directly. I saw there were some images and such listed at the front of this post and we would like to have complete listings for all Honda Bikes -

So if you have access to the Fiche and want to get it up on the web for everyone to order, maybe from your UK shop, drop me a line on here and I will get back to you for the data and what we can do for you :).

John
HLSM.com

If this gets marked as spam it is somewhat understandable - Mod please email with correct place to post or move. In the mean time :banana

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Really, really strange to see all this lot surfacing again.

My brain is starting to hurt trying to figure out the thinking behind this new forum.

HELP !!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts