Registered
454 Posts
Good one Ant,
Now i shouldn't have any nuts and washers left over after maintenance. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Re: 4 K SERVICE COST.

When I serviced the R1, I did the CB1 at the same time, used YAMALUBE semi synthetic, also changed the clunky gear change on the CB1 to a more smooth shift. :thumbup

·
Registered
641 Posts

Just cost me £156 at Worthing Honda, watched the mechanic (young gorilla) do it through a window, apart from the oil and filter he just fart arsed around cleaning the bits I had already cleaned. In my opinion its a bloody rip off. Next time I will do it myself and spend the extra money on Booze :guinness

·
Registered
3,209 Posts

I now feel quite good, 4k service cost £94, excessive in the fact it only took an hour but I did wait at the dealer and 1 hour suited me.

·
Registered
891 Posts

8k service just done, £72.89.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts

Tamz said:
I do all services myself - except for majors (valve clearances etc)
Good on you Tamz, used to do my own but never seem to have the time these days, I just want to ride :yay

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts

Tamz said:
I do all services myself - except for majors (valve clearances etc)
So do I, then you know it's done right. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Exactly! I had a bad experience once where I got some oil through work for a change on another bike I had a few years ago, gave it to a dealer to do as I was too busy to do it, and they never changed the oil. Needless to say I was miffed. Also at work we get told horror stories about paying for services and nothing being done. Like paying for new iridium spark plugs, and then finding out a few days later that the dealer left the old original ones in.

I like doing my own services, tis fun. Well not when the wind blows oil draining out of the sump into your face :emb

·
Registered
122 Posts

I do mine myself too. Last dealer I got to service my bike didn't reconnect the fuel hose correctly...as I found out whilst overtaking :thumbdown

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts

Tamz said:
Exactly! I had a bad experience once where I got some oil through work for a change on another bike I had a few years ago, gave it to a dealer to do as I was too busy to do it, and they never changed the oil. Needless to say I was miffed. Also at work we get told horror stories about paying for services and nothing being done. Like paying for new iridium spark plugs, and then finding out a few days later that the dealer left the old original ones in.

I like doing my own services, tis fun. Well not when the wind blows oil draining out of the sump into your face :emb
Yep you're right there Tamz, it's nice to have an attractive lady on the site who enjoys a good service. :D

I would try and do the work out of the wind in future,used engine oil is not good on the skin .
I just did my oil and filter a week ago,I always leave it draining for a good hour and while that was going on I gave the downpipes a good old polish-that can be hard work if you let them become too stained and discoloured. :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Tamz said:
...when the wind blows oil draining out of the sump into your face :emb
Giggity could have a field day with that comment :rollin

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

:stop
I always leave it draining for a good hour
what's that about???
I throw in some new oil, run the bike, drain it and fill with new oil again "10 minute jobbie" :book

Wind blowing oil in your face :rollin you need a garage/shed :evil

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Hehe, it was a totally innocent comment, tut tut ;)

Yeah I know I should be careful about getting oil on my skin. The last of the oil was just draining out and I bent down to look underneath and make sure the oil was going where it should be and not over the floor, and as I did a gust of wind blew the last dribbles in my face :emb

Needless to say that was a messy service and I got covered in all sorts (Copper grease, oil, dirt, etc) :lol

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts

Mrcb1 said:
:stop
I always leave it draining for a good hour
what's that about???
I throw in some new oil, run the bike, drain it and fill with new oil again "10 minute jobbie" :book

Wind blowing oil in your face :rollin you need a garage/shed :evil
It's my bike related OCD and in my mind it gets as much old oil out as possible- and your method costs more ! :D

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts

Tamz said:
Hehe, it was a totally innocent comment, tut tut ;)

Yeah I know I should be careful about getting oil on my skin. The last of the oil was just draining out and I bent down to look underneath and make sure the oil was going where it should be and not over the floor, and as I did a gust of wind blew the last dribbles in my face :emb

Needless to say that was a messy service and I got covered in all sorts (Copper grease, oil, dirt, etc) :lol
Ah well that was just unlucky- I'm sure many on here have done much dafter things-it's just they don't admit to it. :D
I always get mucky too,like putting on a glove to keep the oil off my hand when undoing the drain plug and then it runs up my arm instead. :lol

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

I'm glad i'm not the only one who wears gloves and still gets covered :emb

Plugs should be be easier to change on this than the SV, that was bloody awkward getting the plug out at the rear cylinder.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I vaguely remember someone saying that something is in the way... How helpful am I? :lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts