Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1531 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fitted the R77 today, fookin loud init? I'm running it sans baffle, sounds like a litre bike now.

How are those with same can running, with or without baffle? I'm specifically thinking UK guys here, how likely am ito get a tug?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yoshimura R77D 3/4 vs. Arrow Trophy Slip On

I've had my '14 CB for about a year and ~4,500 miles. I installed a Yoshimura R77D at 180 miles. As you know this is a decat system with provision for the Lamda sensor. I talked to the Yoshi guys and they said it was designed to run well without monkeying around with a Power Commander. So that's how I rode it for most of the past year. The pipe is phenomenal and really wakes the bike up. It seems stronger at lower RPM and makes a deep bellowing sound that turns to a shriek when you pass 6,000 rpm. Intoxicating. Never satisfied I also have an Arrow Trophy slip on that retains the cat. This pipe sounds great as well but without the shriek. Both are far superior to the stock exhaust which left me wondering what the engine was doing. The catalytic converter turns out to do much of the muffling. I have the Arrow installed now but will switch back to the Yoshimura in the Spring. And for you purists casting a dim eye on the VTNB MRA screen you see in the pictures, I only use that for highway use. It pops on and off in about 10 minutes and it's off most of the time I assure you. The kit you see on the back is for a set of Givi detachable bags that are awesome if you're going anywhere to stay (if a bit dorky looking.) Cheers.

Arrow.jpg R77D.JPG

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Screens OK.---I like that saddle.-----:yay

Two posts in a year.------I'm glad you slowed down enough to speak to us.

With all that noise you are probably trying to escape from this lot.------:police:police:police

·
Registered
887 Posts
I talked to the Yoshi guys and they said it was designed to run well without monkeying around with a Power Commander.
I never knew for certain, but I kind of figured since bike runs so good with the Yoshi installed. Nice to hear it confirmed though.

You seat is pretty wild, in a good way. Looks comfy too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a Scorpion fitted when i bought the bike new, then fitted a decat pipe a month later. With a quick action throttle, and a tooth smaller front sprocket it has transformed the bike. Superb bike and great fun to ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I want to thank HondaPat for making me break my vow to quit modding my CB and spend a bunch more money. I wouldn't have been aware of this sweet new exhaust and could have maintained blissful ignorance. But no--SX1 is on order. It won't make it to the US until mid January. Anyone looking for a lightly used carbon Yoshi? :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Old Goat Ninja - thanks for the kudos. I love the F6B as well. The picture I posted is my CTX1300 which is the cruiser/bagger with the de-tuned ST1300 V-4. It's torquey and glass smooth and a very comfortable ride. Though it weighs in at a portly 724 lbs. it's light on its feet once you get moving. The CB1000R is surprisingly just as smooth up to about 5,000 rpm where (as you know) things really start to happen. I'm fortunate to have both (long story) but if I had to choose one it would be the CB.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone have a CS Racing exhaust? I searched the forum but, got no hits. I had a Taylormade on my last CBR and loved it. I'm hoping this is as nice. Read some good reviews in terms of quality, craftsmanship from those who've purchased these CS_Racing_CB1000R.jpg

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
At 1,800 reals the CS exhaust isn't exactly cheap, but it's far cheaper than the Taylormade it appears to copy. I've been considering one of these for some time. I'm looking forward to your review! I'm also interested in how long it takes to get here from Brazil and what shipping cost is.

I'm glad to see they have an English version of their site now! It used to be all Portuguese.

·
Registered
153 Posts
At 1,800 reals the CS exhaust isn't exactly cheap, but it's far cheaper than the Taylormade it appears to copy. I've been considering one of these for some time. I'm looking forward to your review! I'm also interested in how long it takes to get here from Brazil and what shipping cost is.

I'm glad to see they have an English version of their site now! It used to be all Portuguese.
The company sells them on Ebay, $626 w/ free shipping...there's only one left 11-16 Honda CB1000R Exhaust Muffler CS Racing CB 1000R CB 1000 Taylor Made Style | eBay

If I was looking for pure performance, I'd have gone Akrapovic but, I just love the look & sound of these

1501 - 1520 of 1531 Posts