Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1530 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to use this thread to keep an eye on the CB1000R after market can situation. I've put a list of manufacturers below to get us started. Feel free to post others that I've missed below. I'll put that name into this top post and remove yours for tidiness :thumbup

Thanks to:
stardust tommy: Arata, Bodis, Bos, Dam, Devil, Ixil, Laser, Micron, Superpole, Zard

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note that Micron have an exhaust available for the CB1000R (see above) priced at £279.99 for a Stainless* or Titanium can.

*Standard Moto GP Style or GP Sport in Satin, For Polished and Ceramic Black add £50.00 Per Silencer

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe BKing and Hayabusa Rui. You're quite right that no pics are shown yet, shame, but then these aren't the most attractive of cans

·
Registered
5 Posts
For some more even juice I assume some of you'd like to get a Power Commander in addition to an after-market can/ full exhaust system!? Well, according to DynoJet's homepage one will be available soon: http://www.powercommander.com/powercomm ... 96&yr=2008
My dealer is recommending me to wait a while until a complete replacement exhaust system is available - not just the cans. Does any of you guys have an opinion on this?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I'd like to get a Power Commander, yeah. They are usually good for smoothing out the fueling which has normally been 'strangled' at points to get through various regulations (like noise and emissions) which causes a less-than-perfect dyno report. Most cans are designed to go straight on as is though.

The advantage (as far as I'm concerned at least) to a full system would be that the 'cat' would most likely be removed if you had a full system, which would allow the exhaust to breathe easier. They also tend to both save more weight and give more power. They're also usually a lot more expensive than just a can. Personal taste I'd say. I'll reserve choices until I see how much everything is, but one thing is for sure; that standard can can't stay on there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to say I'm looking for a combination of styliong & improved performance. I once had a Ducati ST4S that I fitted with a complete after-market exhaust plus a Power Commander. My dealer managed to raise the back-wheel horse power output by more than 10%. That sure made some difference! I'd like to get this bike's performance up a bit, maybe up in the Yamaha FZ1-N. I am aware of the fact that horse power output isn't the only thing that's important when it comes to a bike's engine performance. But still - a somewhat higher horse power output would most probably be beneficial to the bike's overall pewrformance, wouldn't you think?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Yoshimura site is the US one, and they won't be getting the CB1000R so will not have any exhaust system for it listed on there. I think I've finally found the correct Remus site so have listed that one above :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had an email reply from Scorpion saying they're very interested in loaning my bike. I'm to give them a bell when I receive it so we can arrange something. Best make sure I don't hang around getting it run in eh? :D Fingers crossed whatever they come up with will look sweet :thumbup

1 - 20 of 1530 Posts