Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the bolt that sits behind the rearset that holds the exhaust on vibrate out. Mine done this..it's just when I tried to resecure this the bolt just goes in and out and I had to put a lock nut behind it... my question is ..is this correct or is there something that had dropped out to that the bolt screws into
Thanks in advance guys
20190307_174124.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is brilliant.. that's what I sorta thought as a nut in a recess is extremely difficult to get at..I'll take the picture to a Honda dealership

·
Registered
33 Posts
As you can see there is a rubber insert behind the exhaust bracket into the body of the bike. If you take it out/look at it....there should be another one the same on the other side (inner edge). After the rubber is a washer and nut. From the picture it's hard to tell if you still have the inner rubber but at least a washer and nut are missing as your bolt has worked loose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I thought that as the nut I put on sinks deep into the recess that the rubber bung would slide onto.. spoke to a Honda dealership. £60. So I've emailed the shop where I got it from..it's a Suzuki branch of a joint Suzuki/Honda shop .so just waiting for response
Thanks Eddie

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
One of the photos had his mob number in it. Just call the guy direct and ask him for some goodies :D
I see there are no bids yet.

I guess everybody already has plastic valve caps.---:rollin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there are couple rubber bits that fill the oval hanger 'loop', plus a washer and a nut. see attached parts fiche. I think you're missing 16, 17, 24, and 25 - must not have been snugged down to correct torque...

https://www.bike-parts-honda.ca/honda-motorcycle/1000-MOTO/CB/2012/CB1000RAC/Frame/EXHAUST-MUFFLER-2-/96202/F_21/2/26932

View attachment 46280
I sent this of to the dealer and he agreed.. parts ordered.. thanks greatly for this ����

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts