Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance as I’m a bit of a rookie in many respects.

Recently purchased 2018 NSC that has full system. The exhaust has bluing on it and I thought this was maybe intentional? But I’m not sure.

I’m looking at putting the stock exhaust back on anyway and so I went round to a local shop and the guy advised he didn’t believe it had been tuned when he had a look at it but said it shouldn’t be a cause for concern either way. Turn it in had a listen to it etc. The bike is very smooth. Doesn’t stutter or have any problems or jerkiness.

So, I thought the bluing was normal. But bit of researching suggests It can be a sign of it running lean, which would make sense with full exhaust and no tune ? Or is it simply a by-product of a full exhaust system either way.

I know at times people do it on purpose so I’m really just trying to gain an understanding if it should be a cause of concern. I’ve started down this path as I was wondering wether I would not need to get it tuned again if it had been tuned in the first place, in order to revert back to stock with no issues.

I’ve sent an enquiry to get a link pipe for the muffler to the stock headers/cat from sc-project.
Thanks

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw that. Other than volume of the pipe that’s part of my push to put it back to stock exhaust. The bluing makes me think it’s running lean the more I read about it.

Interesting to think if the previous owner was willing to pay $3000 AUD almost for full system but didn’t get a tune or power commander/ rapid bike. The original pipe looks worn in and the bike has done only 2800km when I got it so pipe must be very recent.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and.. if the headers are titanum, they are much more likely to get funky temper colours without getting stupid hot, compared to getting same colours on stainless steel (which most comments on internets about colour and heat are probably related to)

Aren't they titanium?
Thanks so much for your time and detailed explanation. Yeah they are titanium. I’ve reached out to sc-project and looking at a few options either way. That puts me at ease a bit surrounding it. Much appreciated cheers to everyone for the replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts