Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 bike seems to run much smoother, with less surging, on some brands of super unleaded fuel rather than the standard unleaded. I’m led to believe that there is a requirement to put approximately 5% of ethanol in standard but only optional on super unleaded. Now it could be a coincidence but is it the ethanol affecting the quality of the fuel? Was wondering what others thoughts on this were?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I guess if ethanol was required Honda would have told us about it.

In my opinion only I can't see that it's needed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colvert, your reply is confusing? We arent adding the ethanol, it’s already in the fuel to help the environment through lowered emissions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2014 was a little snatchy at low rpms, like making a left turn at intersections. One gas station where I live started carrying ethanol free in 91 octane. Thought I would try it not expecting any difference. All the difference in the world. My small engines came alive, so now it goes in everything! It is pricey, but I no longer care. Goodbye corn. Your results may be different, but if you can get it where you live give it a couple of tanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 bike seems to run much smoother, with less surging, on some brands of super unleaded fuel rather than the standard unleaded. I’m led to believe that there is a requirement to put approximately 5% of ethanol in standard but only optional on super unleaded. Now it could be a coincidence but is it the ethanol affecting the quality of the fuel? Was wondering what others thoughts on this were?
Octane rating?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 was a little snatchy at low rpms, like making a left turn at intersections. One gas station where I live started carrying ethanol free in 91 octane. Thought I would try it not expecting any difference. All the difference in the world. My small engines came alive, so now it goes in everything! It is pricey, but I no longer care. Goodbye corn. Your results may be different, but if you can get it where you live give it a couple of tanks.
We have a few stations that carry non-ethanol here in NC(US). I run it in all my small engines too. Never have to drain them over the winter months. No carb build ups.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We have a few stations that carry non-ethanol here in NC(US). I run it in all my small engines too. Never have to drain them over the winter months. No carb build ups.
My daughter lives in Raleigh. North Carolina reminds me of where I live in East Texas. Beautiful country there and here. Hot too! Yes my cb1000r really benefits from the ethanol free and same deal here on the small engines, just run them and leave it in there. They are now problem free. Daughter would cry if I couldn’t let her ride, now at 43 it’s NO. I’m 68. Guess she grew up, but I never will! Stay safe, but have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
My daughter lives in Raleigh. North Carolina reminds me of where I live in East Texas. Beautiful country there and here. Hot too! Yes my cb1000r really benefits from the ethanol free and same deal here on the small engines, just run them and leave it in there. They are now problem free. Daughter would cry if I couldn’t let her ride, now at 43 it’s NO. I’m 68. Guess she grew up, but I never will! Stay safe, but have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,110 Posts
I always try to use Shell 'V Power' but noticed that's E5 now. No getting away from it. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts