Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This most likely belongs in Rants, but if you are buying mods it may be relevent,

i bought a Ermax belly pan in November, the first time it was washed the washers (4 of) went brown with rust, they were mild steel, not stainless,

i got in contact with Ermax france,they agreed they had made an error in the suppliers treating of the metal and are waiting for new treated ones,they will send me some as soon as in.

to cut it short several requests have gone back and replies come back always the same we are waiting for stock we have not forgot, 5 MONTHS NOW.

its not the fact i cant buy replacements local,its the principle of it.

SO PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOUR BUYING FROM ERMAX YOU WILL GET NO BACK UP AFTER YOU HAVE HANDED YOUR DOSH OVER, and the local supplier will only point you towards Ermax and will not help. :finger

i feel better now

Audrey waste of time too

Gedspeed

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm stil waithing for the 4 screws that didn't come whit the belly pan and also have the rust on those rings.

Also for some other reasons i find this the worse thing I bought for my bike. :banghead
Ermax :thumbdown

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ordered an undertray from jesters 12/4/09,but they r waiting on it coming from Ermax,now they refuse 2 answer my emails,i made a nice tail tidy in work during the wait,u guys think a should just cancel? :blah

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boydster said:
Ordered an undertray from jesters 12/4/09,but they r waiting on it coming from Ermax,now they refuse 2 answer my emails,i made a nice tail tidy in work during the wait,u guys think a should just cancel? :blah

mmmm,difficult one that...if its what you want !!..i personaly like mine its just the blo.....oh dear where is me medication :shake

gedspeed

·
Registered
891 Posts
F*** 'em. In the current climate these firms should be doing all they can to deliver good service.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Antnee said:
I still stand by my original comments, that Ermax are just plain shite :thumbdown
Don't you just love it when others prove you right,,,,,,, :thumbup sadly for all the wrong reasons though.. :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thought you would like to see Ermax`s latest reply ,This came today,
remember the fault was reported in November and it is the washers ,not the nuts and bolts, shows how well they look at the original problem

=
Dear Gerald,
I am very sorry by your react but we are not able to switch rust proof nuts that we don't have. 99% of the guarantees are processed immediatly in the case of products manufactured by us, this is not the case for you: we don't manufacture screws and nuts, much less rust-proof.
Unfortunatly we are in the same case as you depend on delivery time of the manufacturer.
I always keep your original request with your address: these nuts will be sent as soon as we receive them at the factory.
We thank you for your understanding.
Audrey
ERMAX

its obvious that manufacturing in france is on its arse, :angry

gedspeed

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bilemissile said:
I'm sure Probolt or Hyperbolt could supply them with some by return of post!
bilemissile

i can get them local.but its a case of why should i have to... they supplied sub standard parts so.....

grrrrrrr :box

gedspeed

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I meant that they could supply Ermax by the shed-load.

I was lucky enough to have suitable bolts for my bellypan floating around doing nothing, otherwise I'd have been p'd off with Twinshack for not supplying any!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bilemissile said:
I meant that they could supply Ermax by the shed-load.

I was lucky enough to have suitable bolts for my bellypan floating around doing nothing, otherwise I'd have been p'd off with Twinshack for not supplying any!
oh right .sorry missread it. very true

gedspeed

·
Registered
608 Posts
bilemissile said:
At least they supplied bolts and washers, none with the poly26 bellypan!

Still, at least I can make sure those I use are rust-proof.
:stop :rolleyes I did miss 4 bolts whit my belly pan. (jused some of my own stock) :bad
And also no warning stickers and notes that this contraption limits the leaning angel of the bike a bit (to mutch)

Only good thing abouth it is that it does look prity good on the bike :angel

SV100482ermax1.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Ermax :thumbup :thumbdown :thumbup :thumbdown :thumbup :thumbdown :notme

1 - 20 of 23 Posts