Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, do you get high frequency vibration on the pegs/seat and the handlebar???The bike doesn't vibrate at all until 4500 rpm.But for example on the highway about 120-140 km/h 5.000rpm + vibrates.And after 15-20 minutes on the highway it's annoying.
I come from a aprilia RSV 1000 ,its a V-Twin so the vibrations are more "normal" .But little bit surprised on a inline 4 that vibrates that much :thumbdown though it has to be "silk smooth"
Bike has 1800 kms , first service done with 10w-40 honda oil.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I fitted a pair of foam grip covers, which made a difference. I also found the stock grips a bit firm, so the covers helped.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was also disturbed by the vibrations but at higher rpm (over 8k). I come from a ZX10R with almost no vibrations. I adopted my driving and now I try to avoid 1st gear. In the alps 2nd gear is faster than 1st gear with the 200 hp Kawa.
However, I expected no vibrations from a Honda engine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,so Im not the only one.It's not too bad,but little bit disappointing.Think i will install footpegs with rubber, Puig has nice ones.That will take off some vibration of the pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I've never ridden an inline 4 that doesn't have vibrations at certain resonant rpm. You need 12 cylinders for perfect primary and secondary balance :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never ridden an inline 4 that doesn't have vibrations at certain resonant rpm. You need 12 cylinders for perfect primary and secondary balance :cool:
Of Course...but it could vibrate on higher rpm but not exactly on 120/140 kmh :rollin

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,020 Posts
Ok,so Im not the only one.It's not too bad,but little bit disappointing.Think i will install footpegs with rubber, Puig has nice ones.That will take off some vibration of the pegs.

How about a pair of these ??---Might work better.---:clap

Attachments

Reactions: vampire

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did wonder if the OP's footpeg vibes might be footwear-related. I've never noticed a problem, but that's with boots rather than say a pair of Vans.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about a pair of these ??---Might work better.---:clap

:rollin nice pair of shoes :rollin
I normally wear short motorcycle boots.They are very thin.Ordered the PUIG footpegs see what happens,they look very cool anyways and not expensive.Will tell about the result next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, do you get high frequency vibration on the pegs/seat and the handlebar???The bike doesn't vibrate at all until 4500 rpm.But for example on the highway about 120-140 km/h 5.000rpm + vibrates.And after 15-20 minutes on the highway it's annoying.
I come from a aprilia RSV 1000 ,its a V-Twin so the vibrations are more "normal" .But little bit surprised on a inline 4 that vibrates that much :thumbdown though it has to be "silk smooth"
Bike has 1800 kms , first service done with 10w-40 honda oil.
YES - Im really disappointed!! - The last bikes I rode that had vibrations this course were old single 2 strokes!!
The last Honda 4 cylinder I had was a long time ago and was a V4 but it was so smooth - It was really easy to go way faster than you realised on the V4 as it was so smooth. The CB1000R feels like its flying when its doing 80Ks an hour because of all the vibrations. Sure the CB is fast & it rockets away etc but come on, it shouldnt feel like Im riding a chain saw.

There was an old argument years ago against 2 stroke vs 4 stroke for road bikes and enduro bikes termed "Vibration Exhaustion". I never really got what they meant till this bike. My 2 stroke brush cutter runs more smoothly.

Im hoping "oldcorollas" is right.
I think changing the pipe might be worth it as there is a harshness to the note that seems to go with the vibrations - had a car exhaust system upgraded once - extractors etc etc and it made the car undriveable for all but the shortest trips - it had a harsh note that went through the car and everyone in it - a change of muffler took the harsh note and the vibrations right out of it!
Heres hoping it could be that simple

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
YES - Im really disappointed!! - The last bikes I rode that had vibrations this course were old single 2 strokes!!
The last Honda 4 cylinder I had was a long time ago and was a V4 but it was so smooth - It was really easy to go way faster than you realised on the V4 as it was so smooth. The CB1000R feels like its flying when its doing 80Ks an hour because of all the vibrations. Sure the CB is fast & it rockets away etc but come on, it shouldnt feel like Im riding a chain saw.

There was an old argument years ago against 2 stroke vs 4 stroke for road bikes and enduro bikes termed "Vibration Exhaustion". I never really got what they meant till this bike. My 2 stroke brush cutter runs more smoothly.

Im hoping "oldcorollas" is right.
I think changing the pipe might be worth it as there is a harshness to the note that seems to go with the vibrations - had a car exhaust system upgraded once - extractors etc etc and it made the car undriveable for all but the shortest trips - it had a harsh note that went through the car and everyone in it - a change of muffler took the harsh note and the vibrations right out of it!
Heres hoping it could be that simple
When I first rode my 2019 I noticed vibrations in the grips at around 70mph that weren't on my 2014. I don't even notice them now.

·
Registered
Cb1000R NSC +
22 Posts
I agree with Grommit that something on the bars helps. I've used Grip Puppies and they do make a small difference. The bike does vibrate more than I expected and more than any 4 cylinder bike I've had. It is only a pain on long motorway trips at steady 70 to 80mph speeds though.
So - I just avoid motorways, which is more enjoyable anyway.
To be honest, motorbikes should have a bit of rawness. Put the Grip Puppies on and a loader end can, and go and have some fun.

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
The vibes are present on the 3 Honda nakeds I've rode. It's something I've just dealt with. They will make bar end mirrors become really blurry in those ranges so be mindful if you decide to install those as most of them require the removal of the internal bar weights. The worst of it gets me on the fingertips because I ride 2 finger covering the brake and clutch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts