Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the USA found a company that has a flash out for the new '21 model?
I spoke to 2 Wheel DynoWorks and they're working on it, but was wondering if anyone knew of somebody that may already have done it.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R
29 Posts
I'm waiting for this as well.
I just made a new post about my experience emailing Woolich Racing about a tune for '21+

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im pretty sure that Moore mafia uses woolich software, I think I remember that from one of his videos, in any event just like the woolich thread , I emailed him today and he said it will be delayed for probably a couple of months. When the woolich one becomes available I think his will be too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah...it seems like all tuners use woolich. I just emailed them and still nothing. Chris moore said once that he would never again buy a new bike untill the flash is available and im with him on that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just want to remove the restrictions to the bike down low in first and second. You can really feel how neutered it is. I agree the bike is plenty fast, but if you can make it a little bit better then I'm down.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R
29 Posts
I really don't need a louder exhaust with my slip on or more overall speed. There's just been times where I find myself in that power hole between 4 and 6k RPM and I'm just waiting for it to come on and that kinda sucks. That being said, I feel like I'm adapting to it already and shift down more. I definitely use 1st gear more than I did on my Harley. I feel like if enough time passes in general, I just won't care anymore because I'll be used to it. I'm also just kind of worried it's running leaner than it should be for emissions but that's a bit of a different topic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I really don't need a louder exhaust with my slip on or more overall speed. There's just been times where I find myself in that power hole between 4 and 6k RPM and I'm just waiting for it to come on and that kinda sucks. That being said, I feel like I'm adapting to it already and shift down more. I definitely use 1st gear more than I did on my Harley. I feel like if enough time passes in general, I just won't care anymore because I'll be used to it. I'm also just kind of worried it's running leaner than it should be for emissions but that's a bit of a different topic.
Exactly my thought, I'd also like to richen it up as well, my other bikes ran so much smoother and better after a flash I'm sure this one would too, I really expected something to be available by now. Oh well the bike is still a 9/10 in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats my problem too. The bike has no problem on top rpm. Is in the middle the problem. Trying to cruise in that range as painfull even with the factory exhaust cause you know the bike is starving of fuel. Mine has always been doing this from day one but i counted on the flash...oooh had i known...

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R
29 Posts
Exactly my thought, I'd also like to richen it up as well, my other bikes ran so much smoother and better after a flash I'm sure this one would too, I really expected something to be available by now. Oh well the bike is still a 9/10 in my opinion.
Ya, the bike is great. When you look at some of the tuning videos online and you see the dyno graph with the AFR plot below it, you can see that the power hole is mostly from a set lean condition at that RPM range. That one Spanish guy Bevo posted about somewhere else showed that very clearly. the tune didn't do much more overall top end power because there Honda has a decent tune, but the gain in HP between 4-6k RPM was something like 15 extra horses or more and I think he was also trying to say that the power at different throttle positions like 50% or 25% throttle was much better too. So you didn't have this feeling of having to crank your right wrist to go nowhere until the bike let you go. I just mostly dislike that waiting for the power to come on, it's unsettling at certain times and makes me also feel like I purchased a motorcycle but wasn't allowed to use all of it, it feels obvious it can do more and it was decided without my input to not let me be able to have all of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts