Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I agree...and flashing does void the warranty even if the dealer does it. Its on the paper work you get when they flash your ecu. Read my friends paper work when he got his done. So heah go ahead a d send it in my friend.

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I guess I missed a bunch of these replies somehow, so I'm only seeing this video now. Sure it's in Spanish, but I understand enough of the language to understand what I want to know. Looks like the tune doesn't do all that much at peak power, which is what too many people care about. My biggest thing was to tune out the power dip around 4 to 6k RPM and this does that. What this tune does is gives you more power and torque by a substantial amount at normal/everyday/around town revs. That's what I really want out of it. This bike has enough power for a naked bike when you need to fight the wind all by yourself. Hopefully this tune comes out soon. Now what I want to know is if I can keep my exhaust set up or do I need to swap out my stock headers and catalytic converter bread box for some straight pipes or not. I'm pretty happy with my sound/volume now, but cutting that weight and getting that midrange performance sounds good to me too. Thanks for posting this video Bevo.

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just wondering, if you guys are all looking for a tune as I am... what are you all thinking exhaust wise? Who's keeping it fully stock with a tune, who's keeping the headers and cat box and just doing an end can and tune, and who's going full system headers, can and tune?

· Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
38 Posts
Just wondering, if you guys are all looking for a tune as I am... what are you all thinking exhaust wise? Who's keeping it fully stock with a tune, who's keeping the headers and cat box and just doing an end can and tune, and who's going full system headers, can and tune?
Full system and filter. Have a FS fitted, it was a prototype by a local exhaust maker which should be available soon. Really want to unlock the bike and see its full potential

· Registered
211 Posts
I'm leaving the breadbox and cat , my other bike has a full system and i don't need both bikes to be loud af. I just want to turn off the fuel cut so the throttle doesn't have the on/off feel and want to waken the bike up down low in first and second. I already have the black sc1 end can. I was talking to a tuner on the weekend who races abd does the tuning for a race team in the Canadian Superbike series, their team won the championship in '21 so I think he know what he's doing, so if nothing simpler comes along I'll take my bike to him in the spring and get it dynod and let him tinker with the ecu .

· Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
38 Posts
I'm leaving the breadbox and cat , my other bike has a full system and i don't need both bikes to be loud af. I just want to turn off the fuel cut so the throttle doesn't have the on/off feel and want to waken the bike up down low in first and second. I already have the black sc1 end can. I was talking to a tuner on the weekend who races abd does the tuning for a race team in the Canadian Superbike series, their team won the championship in '21 so I think he know what he's doing, so if nothing simpler comes along I'll take my bike to him in the spring and get it dynod and let him tinker with the ecu .
Have you tried turning Engine Brakeing (EB) up to max? It could just be me but it feels like it made the bike alot smoother. I ride with Power 3/3, EB 3/3, TC 0/3

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I want to do a full system in theory, but I don't want an obnoxiously loud bike either. saving the weight of the change to new headers sounds great too. Plus i'm pretty sure that breadbox retains a good amount of heat, and if a full system gets the heat out and stops it from staying at rest by my feet i think i'd like that a lot here in Florida. I just don't want to be the guy waking up babies in cars.

· Registered
211 Posts
I wish I had gone with the longer akro and then the headers like bevo is saying, I think the sc1 I have is too short to put headers and keep it civil, even with the baffle in. And I since I paid over $1500 canadian for it, it will stay on the bike forever now. Plus every year the noise police are getting worse and worse, I got a $320 ticket for modified exhaust a couple weeks ago. (Not on this bike, my kawasaki with the full system)

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I wish I had gone with the longer akro and then the headers like bevo is saying, I think the sc1 I have is too short to put headers and keep it civil, even with the baffle in. And I since I paid over $1500 canadian for it, it will stay on the bike forever now. Plus every year the noise police are getting worse and worse, I got a $320 ticket for modified exhaust a couple weeks ago. (Not on this bike, my kawasaki with the full system)
this is the can you have right now? I've got the CR-T right now, and that's got to be way too loud sans cat box. It's fine with stock headers, but I was looking at this one with headers and baffle in, hoping for the baffle to make it decent. Exhausts are so hard to shop for because you can never really believe a youtube video sample and then you spend a ton of money and it's not what you were hoping for sound wise and then what? you spend another bunch of money hoping for the best?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
211 Posts
Have you tried turning Engine Brakeing (EB) up to max? It could just be me but it feels like it made the bike alot smoother. I ride with Power 3/3, EB 3/3, TC 0/3
The only time it really bothers me is coming into a tight corner in first, going from off throttle to open throttle is abrupt and can be unsettling. Sometimes I'll feel I need to pull in the clutch and open the throttle then use the clutch to get through smoothly. I typically like less engine braking than more and for me I find in this 1st gear corner scenario with the bike slowing more in the corner from the engine braking makes if feel more abrupt when I get back on the gas, either way I'd like to get rid of the fuel cut.

They don't even exist in Houston. California is a different story.
I feel bad for our english compadres, some parts are reducing the speed limits from 70 mph to 40 mph claiming this will reduce air pollution and save lives. They are also planning on using road side db meters to fine drivers who's vehicles are too loud like a photo radar.

· Registered
211 Posts
this is the can you have right now
Yes, but the black edition one. I took the baffle out since I have the stock system and wanted to hear it. When I took it to the track this summer it needs to pass a db test, I believe its at 2/3 rpm range, so it was likely 5500 - 6000 rpm dont remember exactly, at 20 feet away and can't exceed 98 db. They said it passed but gave me wink, meaning it was likely a tad over and they put me through anyways. I don't know for sure but I'd guess putting a set of headers and the baffle back in would be louder than have the cat and the baffle out, but thats just a guess.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Water Vehicle

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I don't know for sure but I'd guess putting a set of headers and the baffle back in would be louder than have the cat and the baffle out, but thats just a guess.
The bike looks nice with that exhaust. that one was on my short list too when I was buying, but i'd agree that it would probably be louder +1 baffle and -3 catalytic converters, compared to your current set up. How much louder? like stupid loud? maybe not, but probably not the most pleasant at 6 AM either. that being said, I feel like my Harley was just louder overall around town. Maybe it's the bigger displacement and less cylinders, but this 1000cc 4 cylinder bike once warm idles pretty quiet still. now get it to 8,000 RPM and it's a different story.

· Registered
211 Posts
I think the way it is now is a perfect balance between not pissing people off and still hearing the bike. I still short shift if the law is around out of habit but don't think that's necessary, but you can definitely hear it growl when you're on the gas and pushing.

· Registered
2021 CB1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think the way it is now is a perfect balance between not pissing people off and still hearing the bike. I still short shift if the law is around out of habit but don't think that's necessary, but you can definitely hear it growl when you're on the gas and pushing.
I agree. Pretty sure ours sound pretty close to the same. you can easily keep it quiet when you want to but then still hear more when you want to as well.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts