Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Grant Racing @ Knockhill circuit this afternoon and had a custom map done.

Results were not too shabby with 121.6rwhp and 73.95ft-lbs of torque.

Will download the map from the PC111 over the weekend. If anyone would like a copy just shout !

This is with a Leo Vince De-Cat and Ixil Hyperlow, O2 sensor replaced with resistor from PC111 kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I would love a copy. We keep any that are donated on the Wiki, so if you can send me a copy then I'll host it on the site for all to download. I'll PM you my email address :thumbup

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Good Skills rda thats a great result :thumbup

Only answer if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the Custom Map done at Grant Racing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Satchel Man said:
Good Skills rda thats a great result :thumbup

Only answer if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the Custom Map done at Grant Racing?

Its not cheap @ £180, but Bob takes the time to get it done right.
If you buy a PC111 from them they will fit it free of charge, but their price was around £270 for the unit.
I went in with pvdk's map loaded as a base line and with this the bike made 111rwhp and the fuelling went from rich to lean as the revs increased, not good !

Grant racing also organise track days and looks like I'm going to book for the 1st of April :) Apparently you get 2 ex championship title holders as instructors and 2 hours on track for £80 !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dangixxer said:
same result as an akrapo with cat replacement and PCIII.... :eek
great result!!!

I know what to do :evil

I *love* this combination, but be warned it is seriously loud !

Lovely bangs and pops on the overrun :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
1st of April, are you taking the piss? :lol

As you say its not cheap, but if they do a good job thats whats important!!

Track day sounds top, was up at Knockhill watching quite a few times last year but still never been on the track, must do it this year!!!!!. Are you doing it on the CB1000R?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Satchel Man said:
1st of April, are you taking the piss? :lol

Track day sounds top, was up at Knockhill watching quite a few times last year but still never been on the track, must do it this year!!!!!. Are you doing it on the CB1000R?
Yeah thats the plan, I have sold the ZX9 and the Guzzi is being typically Italian :s I'm deffo quicker on the CB than I ever was on the ZX9 though !

Hey every year I have a BBQ/Pissup the Saturday before race day. You are more than welcome to come along mate, plenty of grub and beer available and rain too usually !

Alva is only around 15mins ride from the circuit, easily done, even with a hooooooge hangover :p

This year Knockhill BSB round is July 4/5 hopefully it will be dry !

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That sounds Superb m8 Cheers :thumbup

I'll come up to knockhill on the 1st & check out the Trackday & catch up with you then.

I never made it to the BSB last year, but the year b4 i took the Fazer up & what a soaking i got, it was absolutely torrential, bang on que as always eh :lol :notme

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No probs mate, just need a sleeping bag as there is plenty of crash space :)

I was there in 2007, it was mental. The *road* down to the parking area was more suited to white water rafting. Still a good day out though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
rda said:
dangixxer said:
same result as an akrapo with cat replacement and PCIII.... :eek
great result!!!

I know what to do :evil

I *love* this combination, but be warned it is seriously loud !

Lovely bangs and pops on the overrun :)
The Ixil is already on my bike
So I will start from there and consider the other modifications :thumbup
And "loud" is no prob for me :angel

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
rda said:
If you buy a PC111 from them they will fit it free of charge, but their price was around £270 for the unit.
I may be confused, but aren't you saying that you pay £270 for the PC3 and you get a £180 dyno run for free? So unless you can get a PC3 for £90 then it's a saving?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Antnee said:
rda said:
I may be confused, but aren't you saying that you pay £270 for the PC3 and you get a £180 dyno run for free? So unless you can get a PC3 for £90 then it's a saving?

Nah, the custom map costs £180 regardless.
I sourced the PC111 for around £225 and fitted it myself, Grant racing said they would fit any PC111 supplied by them for free, but their price is around £270 for the unit.
Basically I saved around £45 by fitting the unit myself.

·
Registered
409 Posts
F*** I thought i'd found a cheap way of doing this.

Ah well.
How hard is it to fit the PC

I see the PC V is out, just seen the piece in Superbike but nothing on the website has anyone tried to order one of these yet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
descb600f said:
F*** I thought i'd found a cheap way of doing this.

Ah well.
How hard is it to fit the PC

I see the PC V is out, just seen the piece in Superbike but nothing on the website has anyone tried to order one of these yet?

The PC111 was easy enough to fit and the instructions are pretty clear. Although it is a bit fiddly getting to the two inboard injectors.
From what I can tell and from speaking to the tuner the PCV won't really offer any performance benefits unless you are prepared to buy one for each cylinder, this is the only way to adjust each cylinders fuelling independently. They are however *much* smaller than the PC111.

·
Administrator
7,118 Posts
The PC III is probably plenty good enough for optimising the fuelling on any road bike, I guess the new 'V' unit would be more suited to race bikes or regular track day action.
Like most hi tech electronic gadgets these days I bet 90% of people only ever make use of say 30% of the available features. :notme

1 - 18 of 18 Posts