Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
Lol - only a week after Cals hedge your bets exclusive interview with MCN cementing his dedication to Ducati ! - just watch them wheel out a brand new from the ground up winning Italian bike in 2015 ! Still, it's up to Cal now - Bradl and Bautista have been pretty dire so far this year on satellite Hondas ....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Must have been a hard decision, but if this seat had been offered last year wonder where he may have gone. Yamaha after last year should have kept him and specced up his bike.

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
Must have been a hard decision, but if this seat had been offered last year wonder where he may have gone. Yamaha after last year should have kept him and specced up his bike.
Definitely agree with that SB - Yamaha have had a difficult season - Cal could have been challenging consistently for third and poles throughout on the M1...it was the pay packet though I think ....

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
I believe that Crutchlow wanted a full factory ride, which he would not get with Yamaha.

The offer of 7 million for a two year contract helped his decision to go to Ducati......................... Even if it was a wrong one !

For me, he just doesn't 'fit' in the MotoGP paddock................. He doesn't come across as professional as the other riders............ Don't get me wrong, he's got the ambition and balls, and I wish him well. But I don't think he's going to do much more on this bike than he did on the Yamaha.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.............................

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
....it gets you thinking on how fast Redding might be on a proper factory scoot ... We haven't got any Marquez's on the pipeline though...we never do...the UK system seems to pipe people through to WSB, which the Brits are good at....
If you think back to when Redding and Marquez used to do battle, and Redding got the upper hand a few times................... I can't wait to see him on a full powered Honda............. Which he has been promised for next year.............. I am a tad Redding biased though.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to see the all on the same bike for one race...then it would be down to who's the best rider.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
I would like to see the all on the same bike for one race...then it would be down to who's the best rider.
Now ya talking.......... and all on a bike none of them have rode before................. Suzuki/Kawasaki............... Let the talent shine through !

Trouble is, I think the talent is shining through at the moment anyway.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Lets not all get tears in our eyes about this, Cal went to Ducati for nothing more than cash, Motogp (for the riders) is first, and foremost, a business and a way of making a living, he would of been mad to refuse Ducati with that pay packet, ok its not worked, not too much of a surprise and he is still a millionaire.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
£7 million...can't blame him who would turn that down.

if I had that sort of money would spend half of it on gambling , drinking and wild women and then just waste the other half..

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cal will always be a nearly man, don't matter who he rides for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts