Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aloha Dan, Flo, Tad, Ant and Ste (sorry mate - had to shorten your name to three letters as it seems the norm here).

Little'un is good.. and now a distinct handful!

Looking forward to more details of this secret rendezvous rideout on demo bikes!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Bright'n'Hornet said:
Looking forward to more details of this secret rendezvous rideout on demo bikes!
So am I! Can't wait to get on one but at present we're just getting estimates of when the bikes will hit the UK. At which point we've got to arrange something quick smart and get the word out! I think we may be lucky if we have more than one personally, but I'm prepared to queue if I can ride it before I get my hands on my own :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Used to be on Hornets Nest (and others) as bluebrakes but after finding myself in various threads as the minority of one I thought a name change was in order (& don't abuse my front brakes anymore).

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Heretic? said:
Hi

Used to be on Hornets Nest (and others) as bluebrakes but after finding myself in various threads as the minority of one I thought a name change was in order (& don't abuse my front brakes anymore).
Hey mate... great to see you here!!! :welcome

one question....

CB1000R - Love or Loathe? :lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Potentially a fan. Still not sure of the headlight.

Hopefully in Feb (21st?) I'll be able to try. Bought the 9 without a demo based on the feel of the 6 and only having seen the 9 at '01 NEC

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Interesting, I think I'd only buy a bike after a demo ride - although generally that has only reinforced my initial desire for a bike.

The only time really that wasn't the case was in March 2006 when I bought a VFR-A4, it was a private sale and I felt very unsure about the bike... there were bits I liked and bits I did not...... I went home and thought about it and then bought the bike anyway as I needed it for long distance commuting. It was a good bike but never really got me excited, I sold it last March to buy my current FZ1-N

What's happening on the 21st?.... a show or something?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Dan, in response to your "never bought a bike without a test ride" comment; I wish it was that simple for me. I had just passed my test when I got my first Hornet and there was no way they were letting me out on a test ride, so I just sat on it in the shop and thought "me likey" and paid the deposit. Month or so later I went back to pick it up and ride it for the first time and thought "me really likey". The rest, as they say, is his story. What? Is that not what they say?

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yeah I was lucky like that... before I took my test I couldn't decide what to get..... cheap and cheerful 125cc with a CBT and see what happens or go bigger.

I negotiated a course and test into the price of a Gilera Runner 180cc... so my licence was restricted but it started me off... also they had a showroom at a car training/aerodrome place in Hornchurch Essex so it was hand as I could still demo the bike despite not having a licence.

Actually Ant, I lie!!! In fact I didn't take a demo on my 600 Hornet... I had sat on one but not actually ridden it :banghead sorry I forgot about that.

Basically I was off work for 5 weeks with fractured heels and during that time did my research and then negotiated a deal with Doble Motorcycles over the phone.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Didn't test ride my Hornet either! New i liked the look and it already had race cans on so sounded rather sweet under the canopy outside the dealers. Plus it was a steal for the price i paid with it only being a few months old and only 200 miles on the clock

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Didn't test ride mine either, failed my test but had already agreed to buy the bike (private). Luckily the seller delivered it from Watford and we gave him a lift back in the car. Like Ripper's, it was a bargain price so there was no way I was going to risk someone else buying it while I waited for the re-test.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Me neither.Paid the money and rode home with the biggest grin on my face I've ever had!!(apart from Ypres Dan!)
Upgraded from a Bandit 600 (good 'bike.)

·
Registered
145 Posts
ell, I'm still on the test ride...suppose I should go back and pay the man...its been a little more than a year

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Danna Banana said:
ell, I'm still on the test ride...suppose I should go back and pay the man...its been a little more than a year
:rollin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi! I'm also new here and from the nest. :)

I have a CB600F Hornet '04 with few mods and I just love the bike but I'm looking for more torque! Since there was no bike from Honda that I liked I was starting to look at dark side :8 .... Yamaha MT-01 KODO. But I have few second thoughts because it revs just up to 5.500 rpm though it has tons of torque.
Since CB1000R was announced I'll probably stay with Honda and buy CB1000R! :respekt

Hornet is my first real bike (above 125 ccm) and I also bought it without test ride. :cool
And what else ... I'm from Slovenia! (probably never heard of it right?) Well it's a neighboring country from Croatia since I noticed that one user is from Croatia!

P.S. Sorry for my English!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Welcome Ales! Glad to have you here also. Seems that the CB is an upgrade path from the Hornet that a lot of people want to make, I hope you get the bike soon :D

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Indeed it is I think Ant....

And more Hornet like maybe that the old 900 Hornet was compared to the 600.... well anyway that's what I am assuming.

Ales... :welcome over.... it's great to have you with us.

21 - 40 of 233 Posts