Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i am planning to buy myself i cb1000r after i crashed and totaled my cbr1000rr. i tought it might be a more sensible option. my dealer can deliver my bike at the end of this month with abs. and i was wondering how much mure the bike will weigh with abs and i am also worried it looks cluttered on the front wheel?.....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
No it looks fine, as for weight don't think there is much in it to be honest. I test rode the ABS version as this seems to be all that is being allowed as demo's and thought the breaking was spot on. Personally I bought the Radial version, but thats only because I didn't want ABS and luckily I was able to get what I wanted very quickly.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I think the ABS system looks a bit messy personally, with the sensors and all the lines, and the wheel speed rotor looks lazily fitted. I can't imagine the extra weight being anything to worry about though if that's what you want

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello,
looks like bike mass differs by 5 kilos (217kg non ABS vs 222 ABS - kerb weight)

Mass distribution is also very well ballanced:

non ABS: Front 106 kgs, rear 111 kgs
ABS : Front 108kgs, rear 114kgs

however non-amortised mass of front wheel may be somewhow being feasible to feel - but this I believe only for super proffesionals ;) , maybe when wheeling... but for me no difference and no concern on mass here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts