Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to Doble Motorcycles for their hospitality this evening, walking into a showroom full of every conceivable CB1000R combination was brilliant.

Myself and Colin (Brut69) were one of the first to get to the showroom so we could get lots of pictures. The band (who I thought were very good) were playing and soon the pizza and drinks were being dished out. :thumbup

There was a lot of interest in the bike and many test rides have been arranged for this weekend, so expect to see more new members here soon :lol

My opinion of the bike:-

The bike looks stunning, it is a real departure from previous functional, bland Honda's. the build quality and components used is generally very high - just the switchgear and some of the titanium bodywork accessories look cheap.

Size-wise it is somewhere between a 900 and 600 Hornet. Sitting on the bike you can't help but feel that the bike is a 600, partly I think because of the flatness of the tank. The riding position seems very natural and comfortable, also with feet up on the pegs I did not feel cramped (and I am 6' 1" / 1.83m).

The dash/clocks look very space age, in the show room they looked very clear but the characters are quite small, so it may be difficult to see when you are bouncing around on the road. The seat is hard (but no more than my FZ1).... however it does have a lot of cushioning in it so I assume this will soften up over time. Under the seat there seems to be plenty of room, the riders seat is bolted into position.

As for colours, I was not keen on the Green. I do like the white but I think I would get very bored with it, black would probably be my choice but it would be closely followed by the silver which looks very classy. I have tried to get as many pictures of the accessories as possible. I had not realised but Doble Motorcycles had specially loaned R&G a bike and now there are a whole series of other protective items for the bike. :respekt

The bike looks awesome and if it rides as well then it will be a massive hit! :thumbup

Thanks also to Colin, for joining me and taking us on a twisty cross town route :thumbup

Heres a video that I added to DailyMotion (also one on YouTube if you search for it)... plus all the attached pictures below...

[dmlarge]x5zkzz[/dmlarge]

Attachments

·
Registered
11,186 Posts

For some reason, the balloons just suit you Dan, I think you should get some for your own bike :lol

Good pictures though, thank you so much!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great pictures, really am on pins now for Friday!! Well done to Dobles for letting R & G get hold of a bike, there's is the best kit.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yer, good photos Dan, Still trying to work out the silver, from the pictures it seems to look a bit like the original silver of the 900.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sadbiker said:
Yer, good photos Dan, Still trying to work out the silver, from the pictures it seems to look a bit like the original silver of the 900.
It looks very much like the original 900 Iron Nail Silver but is a slightly different shade I think. Either way it was the colour I was least interested but probably had the most impact when I first looked at the bikes. The bike looks good in all the colours but the green will date I think.

By the way I forgot to mention that the R&G stuff will not be available for another to weeks to buy, remember to buy from Dobles and save 20% (just quote your membership number!) :respekt

Sadbiker, I heard you had filled your boots with discounted accessories :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
DAN said:
sadbiker said:
By the way I forgot to mention that the R&G stuff will not be available for another to weeks to buy, remember to buy from Dobles and save 20% (just quote your membership number!) :respekt
How did you manage that?! R&G told me that they wouldn't be ready for sale until a month from now?! :notme

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great photos looks like you had a good time well don,e, roll on Friday 9am when i get to ride it for the first time
like very much the R/G kit will have to order mine next week how long doe,s it take to deliver to me door. :respekt :respekt

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
DAN said:
sadbiker said:
It looks very much like the original 900 Iron Nail Silver but is a slightly different shade I think. Either way it was the colour I was least interested but probably had the most impact when I first looked at the bikes. The bike looks good in all the colours but the green will date I think.

Sadbiker, I heard you had filled your boots with discounted accessories :thumbup
That sounds promising if its been mentioned to you. I sent a mail but haven't recieved a reply yet, Did try checking yesterday to make sure I was sending it to the right place, but then they must have been busy sorting out a little event.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hass said:
DAN said:
sadbiker said:
How did you manage that?! R&G told me that they wouldn't be ready for sale until a month from now?! :notme
Well to be fair that is what Dobles told me.... so if R&G have said something different I would go with them. The crash protectors mount in a very similar way to a 600 Hornet so should be fairly easy to fit.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Is there going to be a rear hugger, looks like it's going to get plenty dirty otherwise? Same with the front, the mud guard looks mighty short.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I've just been told today by Doble that there may well not be an official Honda hugger in the UK. Not for a while anyway. Time to find alternative arrangements!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Best keep riding in the dry then, not much chance in the UK though!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I am sure that powerbronse are showing a carbon fibre hugger in the MPS catologue for the CB1000r, So hopefully that means they will make one.

Have mailed powerbronze to find out more.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Great job Dan! :clap

As I understand,you asked for the white balloons to be changed to pink! Right? (Colin is in no way responsible for the inside info.)

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fordzoid said:
Great job Dan! :clap

As I understand,you asked for the white balloons to be changed to pink! Right? (Colin is in no way responsible for the inside info.)
Was done especially for you hon. :kiss

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks like it was worth going to. I had two tickets but my wife phoned and said she would be late home from work so there was nobody to look after the kids :(

With a lot of luck I hope to get over to Dobles sometime next week and see these bikes in the flesh.

What did you think of the White one; did it hang together or do you think the Black looked better as the bodywork disappears? 'Snot Green' or Silver don't really do it for me so I guess the choice will be Black or White ... off now to raid the kids piggy-banks so SWMBO won't realise the true cost ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Couldn't make the Dobles evening but did pop along to my local dealer today for a sneak preview. The white had been my favourite colour in pics but in the flesh it isn't as 'contrasty', black looked much better and surprisingly the silver looked really good, maybe even better than the black.

Was offered a test ride for the weekend (not the whole weekend of course) but haven't got time :banghead Maybe next week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts