Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 o'clock tonight marks the start of WW1..
went to Belgium couple of weeks back on bike .. done the war graves etc....
Brings it home to you..thousands and thousands of graves a lot of them unknown soldiers...
Rip to em all .

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Rip to em all

:respekt .......... to all our armed forces who have made "the ultimate sacrifice" - where ever and when ever they have served.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning ..........

We will remember them.
:pray

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Anyone who hasn't visited Ypres,Paschendael,Verdun,the Somme etc really should make the effort to do at least one battlefield and wargrave tour. It's a real eyeopener and unbelievably emotional. Listened to the Last Post many,many times at the Menen Gate in Ypres. Gets me every time.

Bless them all. Each and every one of them. Thankyou.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone who hasn't visited Ypres,Paschendael,Verdun,the Somme etc really should make the effort to do at least one battlefield and wargrave tour. It's a real eyeopener and unbelievably emotional. Listened to the Last Post many,many times at the Menen Gate in Ypres. Gets me every time.

Bless them all. Each and every one of them. Thankyou.

we watched the ceremony at Menen Gate.... It is emotional and respect to them for doing it every evening .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Put my single candle on at 10pm last night. Even listen to some WW1 era songs on spotify! :respektTo every soldier past and present for protecting our freedom and rights

lest we forget

i visited the graves/ Normandy beaches/ Pegasus bridge and pointe du hoc a few years ago on me gsxr. Can't begin to imagine what those men went through......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts