Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was both my first day going to work on the CB1000R, and also my first day's wet riding. The journey to work is fairly straight and only 7 miles, so nothing painful, but I'd planned on making the most of the need to run the bike in and get some miles done after work. So, I popped home and fed the dog, went for petrol and then headed out. It's been raining on and off all day so it's not pleasant conditions, and it's very slippery, but the super smooth CB1000R dealt with it all quite easily. I may have had a couple of very slight slides (ie an inch here or there) but I can't feel a damn thing through the suspension so I can't say for sure. May have to get the rear stiffened up before the service, if not the front too.

Anyway, went out for 40 miles or so, bringing my total miles up to 295 now, and actually enjoyed the ride, even if it was tentative, busy and wet. But imagine my shock when I saw this mess afterwards:

Still, all nicely cleaned up again and tucked in for the night now :thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nor mine ant went for a run today on the way back never seen rain and thunder so hard, bike is looks dirty like yours :angry

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that Alan! As sportsage was saying, the rear end is a bugger to clean because of all the nooks and crannies. What a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Antnee said:
Sorry to hear that Alan! As sportsage was saying, the rear end is a bugger to clean because of all the nooks and crannies. What a pain in the ass!

And I thought it was easy to clean. Compared to my Monster.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compared to my Hornet, not at all! Although the rear wheel is easy to get to on the CB1000R :rollin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts