Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10,988 Posts
When the bike was first shown at the Milan Show, I scoured various Honda sites looking for information. At the time, Honda.it was showing this:

• Potenza massima 94 kW a 10.000 min-1 (95/1/EC)[/*:m]
  • Coppia massima 97,5 Nm a 8.000 min-1 (95/1/EC)[/*:m]

That 94kW translates to 126.00536193029491HP.

We have no idea how reliable that information is, or whether it just refers to an Italian spec, but I gather from andreanegri's post that the information is no longer there. So was it false or did someone post it and then it get removed afterwards?

· Registered
10,988 Posts
I don't know Balle. Normally a manufacturer quotes the power at the crank, but this seems a bit low to me if that's the case. That said, most manufacturers quote dry weights too but Honda are taking to disclosing fully wet weights now so it could be something like the rear-wheel power. We just don't know whether these figures are even accurate at this point, never mind where the power is measured.

I'd expect full details after the press launch of the bike.

· Registered
10,988 Posts
I think the speed that these manufacturers can get them out the door when they're on the production line means that there will be plenty available when Honda want them to be, but yeah, I believe that they're finalising them still too. What concerns me about the hand-built ones is something that a guy at work said: Mass produced bikes are almost all identical as machines have set everything up for you, whereas hand built bikes are more prone to human error which could result in some being significantly poorer than others. Lets wait and see eh?

· Registered
10,988 Posts
Yeah, I think getting on for 200kg dry is too much. The 07 CBR600RR weighs only a touch over 150kg dry, I can't see this bike being 40kg+ heavier than that. I hope we'll be getting closer to 130 at the rear wheel too, not at the crank. The R6 has more than that at the crank. I'll be well pissed off if I don't have more horsepower for my extra 400cc over my mates R6!

· Registered
10,988 Posts
Antnee said:
  • Potenza massima 94 kW a 10.000 min-1 (95/1/EC)[/*:m]
  • Coppia massima 97,5 Nm a 8.000 min-1 (95/1/EC)[/*:m]
rata said:
Max power Output 92kW / 10.000min (95/1/EC) ( 127 hp )
Max torque 100Nm / 8.000min (95/1/EC)
That seems pretty close to what I had from Italy a few months back. I hope it will get to more than 140 else it'll not be much faster than the 600 Hornet, which gets 130+ (indicated, granted).

Do we know if this is a rear-wheel or crank based figure? I'm guessing crank?

Just for reference, here is the 900 Hornet's figures as quoted by Honda
Honda.co.uk said:
Max. Power Output 109 bhp at 9,000 rpm
Max. Torque 92Nm at 6,500 rpm

· Registered
10,988 Posts
andreanegri said:
By the way, in my opinion, the most important aspect to look at is "where" power and torque are located on the power and torque graph...
I't not enough to now max values...
:cool :cool :cool
I do agree with you there completely, but I still want to see higher figures personally. Not massively higher, but higher nonetheless.

Here's a comparison over the quoted figures from Honda UK for the 06/07 Blade on which the engine is based and the CBF1000 which also has the same engine but detuned further:

06/07 Fireblade
126.4kW / 11,250min-¹ (95/1/EC) (170 hp)
114.5Nm / 10,000min-¹ (95/1/EC)

08 CB1000R
92kW / 10,000min-¹ (95/1/EC) (123 hp)
100Nm / 8,000min-¹ (95/1/EC)

06 CBF1000
72 kW/8,000 min-¹ (95/1/EC) (96 hp)
97 Nm/6,500 min-¹ (95/1/EC)

· Registered
10,988 Posts
andreanegri said:
By the way 92kw are not 127hp but 123.3!!!
I did think that sounded wrong. I looked back and my original info said 94kW which I worked out to be 126hp. Didn't bother to check my own calculations :D

I agree Bill, I shall wait for now. In fairness, have we seen anything concrete that says that this is the spec according to Honda? I looked on Honda.be and I couldn't see where it said anything about power yet. It doesn't help that I don't speak French or Dutch mind you.

· Registered
10,988 Posts
eglatzer said:
I was gonna say; Honda have only just started quoting wet weights, which I think is a bit cheeky TBH. Sure, we don't ride round on dry bikes so the dry weight is irrelevant in that respect, but the CB has a small tank so its wet weight may appear really light too. Personally I'd like to see a wet and dry weight, so you can see what difference things like fuel make to the bike.

You can see just by looking at it that it's a lot lighter than the CBF, which only shares a common engine, albeit completely differently tuned. The CBF is a bus compared to the CB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.