Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
843 Posts
Given that the bike apparently hasn't gone into production yet is it safe to assume that the final specs are still unknown to Honda themselves? I should imagine they're pretty keen to tweak the bike until it reaches a level that will look good on paper as well as to ride, they've built up huge expectation and can't afford for it to be anything less than it's rivals.

Seem to remember reading that the first batch would be hand-built, in which case the first batch will consist of about 3 bikes the way this is going :p

One thing that bothers me is I don't like the idea of a bike being built to a time deadline, Honda may have been a bit premature in announcing the CB1000R for 2008, it was after all originally penned for 2009.

· Registered
843 Posts
I'd be a bit pissed off if the weight was that much, FFS the '92-99 Blade weighed 180kg, the '04-05 weighed 176kg, surely the CB1000R, not a parts bin special and considering the expected cost and lack of plastics, should be closer to these weights?

· Registered
843 Posts
Whoa... there - reality check guys....

For a start the CB1000R is not a sports bike... it is a street bike.... it is not intended to compete with the Blades, R1's and CBR600RR's of this world.... you need to look at other bikes in this sector included my much loved FZ1
Why be restricted by other naked bikes? If Honda are using these as a benchmark then the result will be a bike that is (maybe) better than other naked bikes, not a bike that sets new standards. It has a new rear wheel, no reason for this not to be lightweight, the same engine as the 07 Blade, aluminium frame, "Lightweight and rigid single-sided cast aluminium Pro-Arm swingarm", "Lightweight 310mm floating front disc brakes", and no plastics. The only part of the bike that should increase weight is the exhaust.

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be within at least 8kg of the Blade (though I'm probably overlooking something :eek ).

· Registered
843 Posts
Max power Output 92kW / 10.000min (95/1/EC) ( 127 hp )
Max torque 100Nm / 8.000min (95/1/EC)
Both power and torque are down on the FZ1, and torque isn't much improved over the 900. Dry weight will be about 194kg, same as the 900.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.