Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
I reckon 195kg dry and about 130hp quoted but with loads of torque (In my opinion it will be the amount of torque, handling and brakes that will make the most difference when compared with the 900 Hornet or current competitors).

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Whoa... there - reality check guys....

For a start the CB1000R is not a sports bike... it is a street bike.... it is not intended to compete with the Blades, R1's and CBR600RR's of this world.... you need to look at other bikes in this sector included my much loved :lol FZ1

Check out these SPECS

The dry weight is quoted as 194kg (the standard exhaust must weigh 5kg's at least!) but is over 200kg for the ABS version (ABS always adds weight because of the extra electronics and brakelines). Now to me the FZ1 doesn't feel heavy... not at least compared to my last bike (a 218KG VFR ABS) but it will feel heavy for you 600 Hornet who want to now grow up :finger and join the big boys :taunt2

You'll notice in teh FZ1 specs the power is quoted as 150... but in reality and based on dyno runs, it is more like 134hp... I think Honda will state the CB1000R around 130hp but in reality will be nearer to 120hp... that is quite respectable still and considerably more than the 600 or 900 Hornet.... I could of course be completely wrong... but I just think the CB1000R will slot in roughly about here. If the bike is light and has good handling it will feel flickable and more fun... that coupled with a torquey engine (which I think it will be) will make for an excellent all round street bike.

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Internals make a big difference as well... your argument could be used for the FZ1 versus the R1... yet the FZ1 is 20kgs or so heavier... why? namely because of the heavier crankcase I think.

The Sports bikes are trying to out do each other so much the manufacturers shave a few grams off of every component to save weight and boost power...I cant see the point of buying a bike like the FZ1 and spending thousands on improving it's performance when you can buy a sports bike with it already done... but likewise you are not going to buy a £7k bike and get the same performance as one costing £2k more.

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
JJON said:
Max power Output 92kW / 10.000min (95/1/EC) ( 127 hp )
Max torque 100Nm / 8.000min (95/1/EC)
Both power and torque are down on the FZ1, and torque isn't much improved over the 900. Dry weight will be about 194kg, same as the 900.
But power is up on the 900 and we assume with improved handling, it also looks more up to date than any other bike out there. I still think the big factor when you consider all the 0% finance deals about will be the cost.

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Also based on the torque value, I'd say it will feel much like a FZ1 to about 80 or 90 but then will start to drop off.... max speed about 140mph depending on how high it revs I guess.

· Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Yes indeed Ernst, well done....

There you go then Bill... much much lighter!!

By the way :welcome Ernst, please take a moment to introduce yourself in our Introductions forum.

:clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.