Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about Yellow jackets. I reckon they are just about useless compared to a head light.

You can see a head light at 1,000 yards but have trouble seeing a yellow jacket at 100 yards.
Your disclaimer indicates this is an opinion and that’s cool, completely. However have you any research to support your statement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A.s i said before .you need to get the drivers attn by moving on the road you are in effect waving a torch which is more likely to get the drivers attn
Thanks for your comment. I have heard others make this same type of statement and one of them a most respected rider. However my experience is that this is not always possible. Entrance ways appear to quickly is one example; no time to affectively move.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've seen drivers pull into the path of an ambulance plastered all over with day-glo stripes, with red and blue flashing lights and sirens operating.

If you want to spend money on extra headlights, high-vis clothing or head-mounted cameras, knock yourselves out. But don't assume you'll improve your survival prospects by doing it.

Be vigilant and ride as though you're invisible. Because to all intents and purposes we are.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
OK. I did read your disclaimer but still have you seen any research to support your opinion.
Research ???---61 years on the road with fast cars and bikes. ( fastest car, E-Type Jag. Fastest bike , Honda CB 1,000 R ) NO accidents,--Non at all. And have never made an insurance claim.

Must be doing something right wouldn't you say?

My disclaimer is only for those folk that you meet on line that somehow mistake my intent.

My motto. Be polite at all times. At the age of 83 what have I to argue about. ( In the meaning of aggression and not discussion. Lol )

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've seen drivers pull into the path of an ambulance plastered all over with day-glo stripes, with red and blue flashing lights and sirens operating.

If you want to spend money on extra headlights, high-vis clothing or head-mounted cameras, knock yourselves out. But don't assume you'll improve your survival prospects by doing it.

Be vigilant and ride as though you're invisible. Because to all intents and purposes we are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Lights on :) Lights off :cry: Years of riding helps you develop a sixth sense. Life is like riding a bike, you never know what's around the corner

·
Registered
13 Posts
Research ???---61 years on the road with fast cars and bikes. ( fastest car, E-Type Jag. Fastest bike , Honda CB 1,000 R ) NO accidents,--Non at all. And have never made an insurance claim.

Must be doing something right wouldn't you say?

My disclaimer is only for those folk that you meet on line that somehow mistake my intent.

My motto. Be polite at all times. At the age of 83 what have I to argue about. ( In the meaning of aggression and not discussion. Lol )
A few examples that you should consider, from the medical field, where smart men and women were sure they were correct only to be proven incorrect by research:

Radical breast surgery for cancer. Later proved that women who underwent such disfiguration were helped no more that those who had no procedure.

Bleeding of patients. A common practice for years. Those with various illnesses had pints of their blood drained. Later proved to be, in all but one or two situations, completely useless.

Coronary angioplasty without stents: The process of running a tube up to the heart then expanding a small balloon to expand the walls of the artery. Finally, someone did some research and it was found to be minimal help without the inclusion of a stent. Smart men and women made a LOT of money from this but provided extremely small benefits to their patients.

The list goes on and on, in medicine as well as other disciplines. I encourage you to study the value of published research. Motorcycle safety is too important for you to be passing your opinion off as proven facts. You might just get someone hurt.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
A few examples that you should consider, from the medical field, where smart men and women were sure they were correct only to be proven incorrect by research:

Radical breast surgery for cancer. Later proved that women who underwent such disfiguration were helped no more that those who had no procedure.

Bleeding of patients. A common practice for years. Those with various illnesses had pints of their blood drained. Later proved to be, in all but one or two situations, completely useless.

Coronary angioplasty without stents: The process of running a tube up to the heart then expanding a small balloon to expand the walls of the artery. Finally, someone did some research and it was found to be minimal help without the inclusion of a stent. Smart men and women made a LOT of money from this but provided extremely small benefits to their patients.

The list goes on and on, in medicine as well as other disciplines. I encourage you to study the value of published research. Motorcycle safety is too important for you to be passing your opinion off as proven facts. You might just get someone hurt.
I think you misunderstand.
What I said WERE facts.---I'm talking about MY past.---Those things can not be now changed.

And that's another fact.---
🏁🇫🇷

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Can somebody please tell me how I can edit my posts to correct a spelling mistake. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Can somebody please tell me how I can edit my posts to correct a spelling mistake. Thanks in advance.
BUMP-----------(y)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts