Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ride is a 2019 CB1000R+ with 3K miles. So here is my tail...I was out for an evening ride to the coast a few days ago, covered about 50 miles, it was a bit chilly (usually is in England) so heated grips (standard factory fitmant) were turned on to level 3. I stopped near home to re-fuel, turned ignition on and a flat battery. Got the bike home and put it on charge, with the bike running the multimeter is showing 14.4 volts so charging system is working ok.The battery is the original Yuasa YTZ10S. Question is what....If I purchase a new battery which is possibly the problem, what should I get?

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,040 Posts
Amazon do a good range of bike batteries at a reasonable price.---Worth a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What you need is a new battery but above all a good little charger like this one or similar.
With this your battery will last several years.
This is the first thing I install on my motorcycles.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,040 Posts
My first battery lasted 4 years.---When I fitted the second I bought a trickle charger.--6 years later, when I sold the bike, the battery was still working well.

I ran a flying lead from the battery to a plug under the seat. Seconds only to plug the charger straight into it.

PS. Forgot to mention my 2nd battery cost £40.00 delivered to my door.

No need to pay dear just maintain the darn thing properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ride is a 2019 CB1000R+ with 3K miles. So here is my tail...I was out for an evening ride to the coast a few days ago, covered about 50 miles, it was a bit chilly (usually is in England) so heated grips (standard factory fitmant) were turned on to level 3. I stopped near home to re-fuel, turned ignition on and a flat battery. Got the bike home and put it on charge, with the bike running the multimeter is showing 14.4 volts so charging system is working ok.The battery is the original Yuasa YTZ10S. Question is what....If I purchase a new battery which is possibly the problem, what should I get?
I have started using Lithium Firepower More reasonably priced than Shorai will last 12 months at least without starting bike then hit the starter and presto fires right up.

Rigs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts