Honda CB1000R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
how about "OMGfreekinAwesome"?? :)

subtle carbon is subtle :) and at first i thought the shadow on the tank was custom paint LOL
(think i will have to do the black headlight surround.. that is nice!)
who did the carbon radiator plates???

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
how about "OMGfreekinAwesome"?? :)

subtle carbon is subtle :) and at first i thought the shadow on the tank was custom paint LOL
(think i will have to do the black headlight surround.. that is nice!)
who did the carbon radiator plates???
Thanks OC. I'm very happy with the overall aesthetic of the bike now. It actually feels like it's mine now and not just another CB1000R NSC. Are you a member of the Honda CB1000R Neo Sports Cafe (2018 onwards) Facebook group? Come and join and I can put you in contact with the chap who makes them. He's Australia based

·
Registered
591 Posts
i am now, found your post, found his ebay listings.. and he's only 5hrs away along a popular riding road :D (Putty Road)
Thank you!!

ps.. that 650 screen in carbon.. mmmmm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks OC. I'm very happy with the overall aesthetic of the bike now. It actually feels like it's mine now and not just another CB1000R NSC. Are you a member of the Honda CB1000R Neo Sports Cafe (2018 onwards) Facebook group? Come and join and I can put you in contact with the chap who makes them. He's Australia based
Thanks for the info as well, just requested to join the Facebook page too

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Just finished a really busy freelance period so thought I’d treat myself and The Anvil to a new set of Lightech rearsets.

Beautiful fit and finish. Like fitting OEM parts. Detailing is great and the machining is top notch. Lots of adjustment too. I’ve set the pegs a bit higher and further back than stock. For longer journeys, two bolts and they’ll be in a more relaxed position.

Very pleased!

12FD6879-29F0-4B99-A8E4-B669EDC4C138.jpeg

90E6AB6A-64AF-4777-B6FC-816FDFBB7E67.jpeg

6127B50C-5C2E-40DC-9B5A-6B45C2731AA4.jpeg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Not to many more mods or customisation. But, I have been riding The Anvil and it's a beaut of a bike. For now, it's a keeper

69605783_2288533294741986_8438337184347455488_o.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Well, it's been a year since Dynojet originally had my bike for a couple of weeks to develop the fuelling solution for the 2018+ CB1000R NSC. After a couple of glimpses or promise the trail has gone cold and the possibility of a solution seems to be either a very long way off or just not going to happen. Very disappointing after the time and effort involved up to now.

Off to Rapid Bike EVO I go. There is a version with Plug & play control module & wiring harness - With Special Map developed by Akrapovic R&D. Heard lots of great feedback and can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You sir have one nice NSC! Beautiful. I read a lot about them and seen mixed things before getting my 14 Cb1000r. Nice to see some real feedback from someone who actually rides the beast and not just a magazine review. Great thread.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
You sir have one nice NSC! Beautiful. I read a lot about them and seen mixed things before getting my 14 Cb1000r. Nice to see some real feedback from someone who actually rides the beast and not just a magazine review. Great thread.
Thanks @hondamark, I try and post as much relevant information as I can about my CB1000R. I do love it and for now it's doing everything I need and want from a bike. Now it's had the few mods I chose it's perfect for me.

There's a lot of mixed views and opinions of the 2018+ CB1000R NSC. My advice with any bike is that if you research any bike then there'll be more negative posts then positive. Very few people will bother to write online how they are enjoying the bike and have had no issues. Any new model will have teething issues and there'll always be that 'Friday afternoon' bike that just didn't get bolted together properly. Mine, is so far a good'un. I'm well happy with mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
The Rapid Bike Evo with Akrapovic maps has arrived. I'll update once fitted. I'll also try and get before and after dyno results

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Rapid Bike Evo with Akrapovic maps has arrived. I'll update once fitted. I'll also try and get before and after dyno results
Nice. I really like my rapidbike evo, I’ve also have the YouTune module installed and a map switch. I don’t have a before dyno result, the after is impressive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have you fitted the Rapid Bike Evo yet?

I fitted mine on the weekend, installed the Akrapovic map, feels as though the map has cleaned up by the seat of my pants feel through the mid-range. However, at lower RPM it at times feels a little hesitant for some reason. It was a painless experience besides injector no.3, it was difficult to get to without being a contortionist. I went straight to the Akrapovic map skipping the standard Rapid Bike map for the NSC, I might revert to the standard map to see how it feels.

Is there any settings worth playing around with in the software does anyone recommend?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Have you fitted the Rapid Bike Evo yet?

I fitted mine on the weekend, installed the Akrapovic map, feels as though the map has cleaned up by the seat of my pants feel through the mid-range. However, at lower RPM it at times feels a little hesitant for some reason. It was a painless experience besides injector no.3, it was difficult to get to without being a contortionist. I went straight to the Akrapovic map skipping the standard Rapid Bike map for the NSC, I might revert to the standard map to see how it feels.

Is there any settings worth playing around with in the software does anyone recommend?
No, not yet. I'm hoping to fit it this week. I'm going to get mine on the dyno and use the Akra map as a base setting to start from. I'll keep the thread up to date with what I find out

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
After finding out that the Daytona bars that were featured on the Tokyo Show CB1000R bike were not going to be produced I thought it about time to start 'Operation Clip-ons'.

Got these tasty little numbers on order:
ligh_tech_clip_onswith_riser.jpg
LighTech_Clip_On_Tubes_Black_600x.jpg

Hope fully they'll put the bars in a sportier position but not be back breaking. I'll set them up so that they'll be an easy swap back to the OEM bars for longer journeys and touring duties.

Now I know that there'll be some haters out there but unless I try I'll never know what it's like. Fingers crossed and more pics soon

101 - 120 of 129 Posts