Honda CB1000R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
HEL Performance lines fitted and bled. Much to my surprise the fitting is trickier and more fiddly than the bleeding. The HEL lines fit perfectly, the only trouble I encountered was my stumpy fingers not fitting in some of the smaller spaces where bolts and banjo bolts needed lining up precisely to avoid any chance of crossing threads. Everything is buttoned up and looks great. Can’t wait to take the Anvil out for a spin tomorrow!

9C61BB0D-992D-431C-9AE3-5685DF6F1E10.jpeg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
No real updates on the CB1000r for a little while as I've been prepping my new KTM 450 SMR for the upcoming season. Now that's all ready bar the graphics I can think about the last few things to sort on The Anvil.

First up is I've ordered a Nitron R1 rear shock with the spring weighted for me. Didn't see the need to get the R2 or the R3, as even though I do venture onto track occasionally, it's 99% of the time my road bike. The stock rear shock is poop so I'm really looking forward to this upgrade.

Second is a front screen. The official meter visor is just for aesthetics and won't offer any sort of wind deflection or protection. I've seen on the CB1000R NSC Facebook page that a chap has fitted the smoked screen from the CB650R with the use of the brackets from the CB1000R meter visor. Now I know it's not a huge screen and it's going to be no Goldwing but every little will help on the upcoming road trips I have planned. I've ordered the parts from Thunder Road Honda and should be with me next week. I'll get it fitted up and post up pictures.
honda-cb650r-smoked-windshield.jpg
DynoJet visit tonight....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well, the CB1000R meter visor brackets and the CB650R screen arrived. The usual Honda quality of production and finish. Not a lot to say really, 8 bolts total, 5 minutes with a Torx and an Allen and it's on. The Anvil is a fully fledged tourer! ;) Way cheaper than alternative screens, protects the speedo display from any errant stones and matches the overall look of the bike seamlessly. I'm a happy chappy.

For anyone interested in the part numbers:
Stay Right Meter Visor - 67315MKJD10
Stay Left Meter Visor - 67325MKJD10
Visor smoke kit - 08R71MKND50

...and a few piccies of the brackets installed and the screen:

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7818.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Just been out for a quick blast to see how the CB650R screen works and I’m pleased to say it works a treat. Now, it’s no GS but it certainly cuts down the wind blast and cleans up the air flow. Definitely worth the massive outlay of £74

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
A little update on the DynoJet mapping device so as not to SPAM other threads:

No changes as such but lots of work by Richard at DynoJet UK trying to get the system to work correctly with the Honda CB1000R closed loop. He came by my place whilst DynoJet were supporting at the British Superbikes at Donington with the new piece of kit. It read off the stock data and mapping information successfully. This should now be homeward run and a production version of the device should be soon.

One thing I have learnt about DynoJet is that they are fastidious and a product has to be 100% for them to release it. Respect for that I reckon

I'll keep my thread up to date with any developments

81 - 100 of 129 Posts